*+*CHAPTER 15 || SLEEPLESS NIGHTS*+*

Sano Manjiro should be used to it already. The sleepless nights he means, when all he can really do is stare up at the neutral colored ceiling of his shared penthouse and listen in into the tiny shuffles of his bedsheets created by the movements of bodies within them.

Sighing, he wonders how it all came to this. He used to be really good at passing out at the most random of places yet it seems like he can't even close his eyes for a long period of time without his paranoia roaring up a storm in him, his own mind bothering him with unwanted thoughts and keeping him awake.

Manjiro turns on his side, facing his wife's sleeping figure and brushing away the strands of hair falling like a curtain in front of her face, caressing the warm skin of her cheeks when she nuzzles into his palm.

Shuffling closer, he places a kiss to her forehead then her cheek, his lips curling into a tiny smile when she sighs against him in an unconscious show of content.

Manjiros only pulls away when the sounds of Sachiko slowly hiccuping came from the baby monitor, the tiny hics turning into full blown wails. He looks at the alarm clock next to their bed, red lights signifying the time and letting him know it was already the time where Sachiko normally wakes up in for feeding.

Carefully untangled their limbs from each other, he freezes when she blinks open groggy eyes, hues of e/c looking confusedly at the blurry image of her husband. "Hm? 'Jiro?" Y/n murmurs before laying on her back and stretching her spine into an arch along with an accompanying yawn. She frowns when she hears the cries of her baby girl and moving to situate herself into a sitting position.

Manjiros stops her before she can get any farther off the bed. "I'll take care of Sachiko, Hun, you go back to sleep." Standing up, he gives her shoulder a small nudge to indicate her to lie back down. It was a useless attempt in getting her back to sleep since he already knew full well that she's just gonna follow after him anyways, no matter he says.

Y/n shakes her head dazedly, a hand coming up to clutch at his wrist. "No no, I wanna see her."

He nods before finally heading towards the nursery, intently listening to both the cries of his baby as well as the tiny thumps of his wife's steps following after him.

Manjiro reaches the crib, his eyes meeting the big watery ones of his baby girl, who after seeing her father quieted down her wails, tiny hands reaching for him for comfort. The white haired man coos a gentle croon when he picks her up, gently laying her head on his shoulder and turning to place an affectionate kiss to her cheek.

Sachiko whimpers, clutching onto his shirt before starting to teeth at the hem. Manjiro huffs a chuckle, feeling the smallest bit of drool hitting his skin. "Is she chewing my shirt?" He asked with amusement even though he already knew the answer to that.

His wife lets out a soft chuckle rumble from her chest, a hand swiping away the blonde bangs that's starting to hang over Sachiko's face. "Can you blame her? Her bottom front teeths are beginning to show, her gums are probably sore." Y/n places a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll go warm up a bottle for her." She informs him before leaving for the kitchen to get the bottle of milk she pumped out earlier in the night.

Manjiro hums a tiny tune, quieting down his baby girl and rubbing a large hand on her back to soothe her. He walks out of the nursery and onto the living room, sitting on the massive L shaped couch.

He shifts to make himself more comfortable before bouncing his leg up and down. The tiny sniffles sounding against his ears makes him turn his head to place another kiss to the sides of her forehead. "You're growing up far too fast for your own good, you know." He murmurs against her skin, speaking to her like she can understand him.