A 'Thank You'

She continued, “You have no idea how much this matters to me! I'll always be grateful to you for giving me this opportunity.” All this time she was looking down to the floor but now she looked up at him. “I promise I'll never disappoint you! I'll give my best to this work..thank you..Thank you for believing in me.” Those innocent eyes were holding a hope. Reo just stared at her for a couple of seconds but then he looked away.

“I selected you because of your story. So don't thank me.” His eyes were still ignoring her.

“But still..”

“That's it. End of discussion. We will start the official work after Kento..I mean the director is done with reading the script. You will get informed by that time.”

“Okay sir! Thank you sir!” She thanked him again with a bright smile on her face. “I'll leave now.”

She turned and started to walk, but then she realised Reo's footsteps following her. She took a glance at him.

“W-what? I'm just going downstairs.”He said awkwardly which made her chuckle.

*

    Coming downstairs, they were passing the reception desk area when..

    “I heard that Reo is working on a new film.” A staff member said to his colleague.

“After these back to back flops, he is still hoping for a hit.” Receptionist added.

“He is just wasting his time and money.” 

“Why don't he just resign from his position.” said the other staff.

“Actually-” The receptionist went silent all of a sudden.

“What happened?” The staff member asked, then the receptionist signalled them to look behind.

Turning around they found Reo was passing by them followed by Jenny.

“D-did he hear anything?” the staff asked in concern.

“Maybe yes.” another one replied.

“You should be careful before saying anything.” 

As Jenny was walking behind Reo, she noticed that he was unbothered by these talks.

'He did hear everything. He surely did.' she thought.

***

    “What are you saying??!!” 

    Jenny took the phone away from her ear as she heard that scream. “Calm down sis!”

    It was a late night phone conversation between Jenny and her sister Amy.

    “How am I supposed to calm down though?! My little sis finally got a chance that she deserved.” Amy said with excitement. “Let me inform mom. She will be so happy!”

    “Wait wait. Don't tell this to mom. Let everything get settled first. Or else she will just lecture me about my studies.”

    Amy giggled at her response “She ain't wrong though, you should focus on your studies as well.”

    “Fine, fine. You don't have to repeat the things” Jenny said with a little annoyed tone.

    “Now go to sleep, it's too late.” Amy said.

    “Yes mom.” Jenny replied sarcastically.

    “And..”

“Now what?”

“I'm proud of you!” 

    A warm smile appeared on Jenny's face after hearing her sister's words.