Back to Work

“So the locations are decided. The cast, we are going to finalize after this screen test and other schedules are planned. Soon we will start the shoot!” Reo declared in front of the whole team as they were having a little meeting to start this new project.

“Hope everything will work according to the plan.” Kento added “Maddy, have you prepared everything for the screen test?” He asked the assistant director Maddy.

“Yes. The setup is ready.” she answered.

“Good. Let's go then.” as he was about to leave, he looked at Jenny. “You are coming right?”

“Yeah-”

“No wait!” Reo interrupted, “I mean..I have something to discuss with her..um..about the scenario.” 

“Fine. take your time.” Kento said before leaving the room followed by Maddy.

“What happened sir?” Jenny asked.

“Actually, about yesterday..” he hesitated “I must have caused you trouble..”

“Yeah.”

“Huh?”

“Nah! I mean no. not at all!” she said while trying to fake a smile.

“But still I'm sorry.” he continued “and you paid for me, so I have to return you the money.”

“No need for that.”

“That's so sweet of you-”

“But in case you are wondering, it was 390.”

“oh..”

“And about the coffee shop-”

“Yeah I'll add that amount too.”

“No need. Instead I want a promise.”

Reo looked at her in confusion.

“What promise?” he asked.

“You have to take me to the theme park!”

“W-what?” he was taken aback by her words.

“Actually there is a theme park scene in the story and Kento sir told me that it wasn't up to mark. I have to rewrite it, making the scene more realistic. And for that I have to go to the place, so that I can add the ‘feel’ you know..” she said with a smile plastered on her face.

“Then go by yourself.”

“Reo sir, I want to observe the person's emotions, for that I need a volunteer.”

“Then take someone else with you.” Reo said, showing no interest at all.

“But I don't know anyone here and Director sir is busy so I can't take him too.”

“I'm busy.”

“Can't you just take out your time for me?” she looked at him with her puppy eyes.

“By any chance..are you trying to flirt with me?” 

“Sorry but you are not my type.”

“That's a relief.”

“This is for the film, so..” She was hoping for a positive answer.

“Fine. I'll think about it. Now I have to go, so please excuse me.” he somehow answered, trying to run away from the situation.

“Okay sir! Thank you sir!” she said with a bright smile on her face.

*

Kento entered his office followed by the assistant director Maddy. Jenny was already inside waiting for him.

“Did you make the changes?” he asked Jenny.

“Yeah! Here..”

Kento sat on the chair, she turned her laptop to him. He carefully went through the scenario. 

After some time when he was done reading the screenplay, he looked at Jenny who was curiously waiting for his review.

“Not bad. I like it.”

A cheerful smile appeared on her face after hearing his words.

“Maddy, I'm sending this screenplay to you, take the printouts.”

“Okay sir.” 

“By the way Jenny, you called me yesterday..sorry my phone was on silent. What was the matter?” Kento asked.

“Nothing. I was just having some problems with the screenplay, but it's sorted now.” She lied.

“I see.” 

*