The Day We Met

The cold breeze, blue ocean and sound of waves; It was indeed a beautiful view. But this beauty couldn't make her happy. The nervousness was written all over her face while her eyes were only focused on the phone screen. Jenny was waiting for her friend, Vinny’s call. 

“Why am I getting nervous? They are probably going to reject the script..”

She closed her eyes and shook her head in no.

“Ugh~ I should not think like that.” She opened her eyes and looked at the sea in front of her. “This time I really worked hard. I-”

Suddenly, her eyes landed on a person who was slowly moving his steps towards the sea.

“Huh? Is he really going into the water in such cold weather, that too in a formal suit? I mean..I should not judge though, people can be weird sometimes- wait! It doesn't seem like he is enjoying it. Don't tell me..”

She gasped in fear as she realised the situation and immediately went in his direction. 

“Should I just stop him? What if he runs even further into the water? No! I have to think in an effective way.” Taking a deep breath she looked at him, “First, I have to reach him.”

“HEY!!” She called for him, but he didn't respond.

“LISTEN!” She called again, he was still going further. “LISTEN YOU- ugh~” She decided to step into the water. 

“Hey you!”

He finally stopped and turned around.

“What's wrong with you huh?” Jenny asked. “I called you so many times and because of you I had to step into the water. You should never ignore anyone like this.”

“What do you want?” He finally spoke. 

“Oh! um..actually..um..” 

‘What do I want? What am I supposed to say now? I came to save you? Am I a superhero? What the-’ Many thoughts were running in her head at the same time. She then finally came up with an excuse saying,

“Can you please help me to find this address?” She mentaly facepalmed herself ‘Dumb. I’m so dumb. But there is no time to think about that.’ 

***

“To be honest, I was really scared that day.” She turned her eyes to Reo, who was still resting his head on her shoulder; with his eyes closed. “Thank you.. for not giving up.”

After some time she saw a car stopped in front of the bus stop. A lady in her mid 40's came out from the car. She made her way towards the bus stop.

'She must be his mother.' Jenny thought.

The lady looked at Jenny and then Reo, who was resting his head on her shoulder. 

Jenny realised that..

“No no!! It's not what you think!” with that she immediately got up from her seat and..

*bang*

“Ahh~oww!” 

“Oh my! Reo!!” Reo’s mother worriedly went to him.

Jenny looked behind and saw Reo fell on the bench. She mentally facepalmed herself. As his mother came to him, he refused to get her help and got up by himself. She looked down and called the driver. “Take him in the car.”

“Yes ma'am.” The driver helped Reo to get up, then he took him towards the car.

“So you..” Reo's mother was looking at Jenny.

“I'm Jenny. I work under the TD productions as a screenplay writer.”

“Oh. so..you two are..close to each other?”

“No! Not at all.”

“Then why did he call you?”

“It was by mistake, he was about to call someone else, but he called me instead.” she said, trying to clear the situation.

“I see.”

“um..I'll leave now.” Jenny said, trying to end this awkward conversation.

“Where are you going?”

“To home.”

“Come with us, we'll drop you to your home.” 

“No it's fine I can go by myself-”

“It's already late at night, I don't think it's safe for you to travel alone. So it would be better to come with us.” the mother said with concern.

“Um..alright then. Thank you ma'am!”