02

"Did you guys have a nice swim?" A waitress named Stacy appeared beside our table.

She was wearing a pale blue uniform with the store's logo embroidered on it's chest, and she was batting her eyes towards Mitchell.

Thirty minutes had passed since I was thrown into the ocean, and we were now seated in a booth at Wendy's Ice Creamery. Oddly, this place was more popular for it's deep fried food rather than it's ice cream.

I had taken a seat on the opposite side of Mitchell and Grayson, my clothes still damp and dripping wet.

I glared extra sharp daggers at them as I scowled at the taste of saltwater still lingering in my throat.

"It was refreshing." Mitchell let out a slight laugh.

"What would you guys like to order?" She asked, twirling a strand of her hair with her finger as she popped a bubble of gum.

"I'll have a waffle cone with rocky road, please." Mitchell ordered, turning his gaze towards Grayson, who ordered a double scoop of mint choc chip.

Stacy then turned her eyes to me.

"I'll have a vanilla milkshake." I ordered.

"Alrighty." She took her leave.

"He speaks!" Grayson stated with a fake gasp, causing Mitchell to laugh once again.

I grimaced, turning my attention to a tiny golden retriever puppy tied to a pole outside of the gift shop across the street.

I've always wanted a puppy, but my parents don't like pets.

"You can't still be mad at us, we're buying you a milkshake." Mitchell spoke from across the table.

I didn't reply. Honestly, all I wanted to do at this point was return home and watch tv, or have a nap.

After getting the hint that I was ignoring them, they started talking about their friend Diego, who was apparently throwing a party.

"His parents are going to be away for the entire weekend so he's throwing a rager tonight." Mitchell explained.

"He better not just get that cheap beer like last time, because that stuff tasted like shit." Grayson complained, dramatically shuddering.

"Rocky road and mint chip." Stacy appeared again, holding waffle cones in each of her hands. After handing them their ice creams, she walked back to get my milkshake. "And a vanilla milkshake." She smiled down at me.

"Thanks." I said in a whisper.

She then turned her attention to Mitchell, attempting to flirt with him. "Rocky road is such a cute choice." She twirled a strand of hair in her finger again.

Grayson stifled a laugh across from me.

"Sure is." Mitchell winked.

No, I can't. This is just cringe.

I look down at my milkshake, eager to take a sip. It was topped with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and a cherry on top.

Before I could take a sip, Grayson steals the cherry off of my milkshake and pops it into his mouth.

"I wanted to eat that." I groaned softly, jutting my bottom lip into a pout.

"Too bad." He smirked.

"I hate you." I whispered.

~

Later that day I sat in my bedroom listening to music when i got a text from one of my best friends.

Cody:
Wyd?

I clicked on the text and began typing.

Me:
Nada, what about you?

Cody:
On my way.

Me:
ok

Cody was my very first friend. Our mothers were best friends since they were young, so it only makes sense that we'd also be best friends.

He lived one street over, so it didn't take that long for him to arrive at my house and walk straight into my room, falling face-first down onto my bed.

"Save me from my boredom, please!" He groaned.

"Do you wanna go to the arcade?" I asked. He rolled over, giving me a dirty look.

"What? The arcade is chill."

"I have a better idea." He said, sitting up, his eyes gleaming.

"What?" I asked, scared of what the answer would be.

"There's a senior party tonight, we should go." He suggested.

A party hosted by another one of Mitchell's annoying friends. There's no way on earth my brother would let me go to his mate's party. He treats me like a child, even though he's only one year older than me.

"I don't know."

"Please." He begged with puppy-dog eyes.

"Mitchell will kill me, so will my parents." I explained.

Last time I went to a party, Mitchell wouldn't even let me drink any of the alcohol, which, in case you've never been to a high school party, is kinda the only reason people attend: to get drunk. He then sent me home before ten with one of his dumb friends after threatening to tell our parents if I didn't leave. Our parents let him go to parties. Me, not so much. Everyone still sees me as a kid.

"Tell your parents that you are staying at my house, and if Mitchell tells you to leave the party, punch him in the face." Cody said dead-panned.

I slightly chuckled, contemplating wether or not I should go to this party.

I had three options.

Stay home and watch tv.

Stay home and sleep.

Or go to a party, knowing that my brother will be there, and that he will probably kick me out the second I walk through the front door.

After contemplating, I sighed.

"Okay, fine. Let's go to this stupid party."