07

I entered my bedroom and slung my backpack onto my bed before moving towards my dresser to find a pair of pajamas to wear, along with a pair of trunks to wear underneath them. I then went out into the hall to get a towel from the hallway closet before heading back into my bedroom, then straight into the conjoined bathroom. I locked the door behind me before pulling my sweater up and over my head, along with the shirt that I had worn underneath it. When my upper body was bare, I then untied my pants and shimmied out of them. Lastly, I slipped my trunks down and let them fall to the tiled floor before I turned the lever to the shower and waited for it to warm up. I enjoyed having showers. There was something oddly calming about them. It was almost like warm rain was splattering down on me.

It was peaceful. All of my annoying and recurring thoughts seemed to drip away with every drop of water that fell against my skin.

After showering and dressing into my pajamas, I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, stopping when I saw Grayson seated on the stool behind the counter.

Where the hell is Mitchell?

And where the hell are my parents??

He looked up as I entered, causing my cheeks to turn red with embarrassment.

I can't do this.

"Shit, I just remembered that I have to be somewhere." I turned around and hastily ran back upstairs. I knocked on my parents bedroom door, but there was no answer.

I turned and walked towards Mitchell's room and knocked on his door. "Mitchell!" I shouted.

No answer.

Where the hell are they?

I headed to my room and searched for my phone on my bed so that I could text my family and see where the hell they were.

But, of course, it was dead.

I should've thrown it on charge when I first got home.

I quickly reached over to my bedside table for my iPhone charger and plugged my phone in, waiting patiently for it to charge.

Maybe they went out to get dinner?

But that still doesn't explain why Grayson was left in my house, alone.

I slumped down in my bed, my head rested comfortably against my pillow.

I inhaled a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling before calmly releasing it. I closed my eyes, my thoughts racing through my mind.

"Sorry for the black eye." His voice came off as calm and sincere.

My eyes shot open as I quickly sat up, my heart beginning to race. What the fuck is he doing in my room? And how did I not hear him enter? I didn't respond, honestly my entire body felt as if it were freezing up. My hands were literally sweating right now, and there was a knot twisting inside of my stomach.

"Are you ignoring me?" He raised an eyebrow.

Again, I didn't respond.

"Maybe we should talk....about the kiss?"

This is fucking mortifying.

"I don't like y-"

"Just leave me alone!" I groaned, interrupting whatever 'I am straight' speech he was about to deliver.

His eyes widened at my outburst.

"Forget it ever happened, okay? It shouldn't have happened. I was drunk and I probably thought you were someone else. I mean, why would I ever intentionally kiss someone that I hate?"