43 (Grayson)

There's something that I have never told anyone before.

Something that I didn't even want to believe myself.

I am in love with Dallas Cooper.

I have been for the past three years.

I remember the exact day that I came to this conclusion. In fact, it started with a game of chess. It was the middle of a Saturday afternoon, the sun was out, and we were seated in the living room beneath the comfort of the ceiling fan. Dallas had asked Mitchell to verse him at a game of chess, but Mitchell said that he would rather do anything else.

Dal's face fell.

I remember feeling bad for him, so I offered to play him.

Now, I find chess to be one of the most boring games on this planet, and I say that knowing full well that Monopoly exists.

We ended up playing chess for hours.

And he beat me every time.

But it wasn't the game that kept me playing. It was him, and all of the things that we were talking about. Conversations I never would have had with anybody else.

We talked about what we wanted to be when we were older.

I wanted to be a police officer, because my younger self thought that it would be cool to have a gun and badge.

He wanted to be an astronaut/doctor.

We also talked about all the things that we wanted to do.

I said I wanted to climb Mount Everest, take a worldwide cruise and go paragliding.

He wanted to get a pet tiger named Mr Stripy and teach it how to attack on demand.

I can't even explain it. All I know is that was, oddly enough, the best day of my life.

Since then, I have always had a soft spot for him.

When he kissed me for the first time on the night of Diego's party, I didn't mean to punch him. I was drunk and nervous, and somehow managed to connect my fist to his face.

Afterwards, I stealthily rushed downstairs to get ice for him. But when I returned, he was fast asleep.

And now I've ruined everything.