38

A few minutes after Mitchell had left for school, Grayson pulled into the driveway, like a maniac.

I take a nervous gulp before walking off of the front porch and making my way to the passenger side of his car.

I open the door and hop inside.

"Hi." He greets me shyly.

"Hi." I respond.

He reversed out of the driveway and began the drive to school as a song by David Bowie began playing on the radio at a faint volume.

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" He asked.

"Uh, not sure." I reply.

"You don't wanna watch me score a touchdown?"

"I was thinking of going to visit my mom tonight." I tell him.

"Oh, yeah of course."

"Sorry." I felt bad.

"No, it's okay. I understand." He indicated right and makes the turn, despite the way to school being left.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"School?" He answered, though it sounded like a question.

"School was the other way." I stated matter-of-fact.

"We're taking the scenic route."

I exhaled deeply. "I don't want to go to school anyway." I tell him.

"Why not?" He wondered.

"It's just pointless." I say. "I mean, what even is the point?"

"To learn, and go to college." Grayson says.

"Smartass."

The car slowed down at traffic lights as the light switched from yellow to red. "We can skip if you want?"

"And do what?"

"Anything." He said, smirking "Maybe we could go to the theme park in the city?"

"The new one?" I wonder.

"Yeah."

"Okay." I smiled.

I know I had to go back to school at some point, but for now, I would rather do anything else.

We arrive at the theme park an hour later, give or take a few minutes. It looked amazing.

From the parking lot, I could hear the screams of exhilaration which kind of made me nervous. We head towards the ticket kiosk to get our tickets before heading inside. Grayson insisted on paying for my ticket, which was a relief, seeing as I did not have any money on me at the moment, or rarely ever, if I am being honest.

I seriously need to get a job.

But I'm far too lazy. I'd much prefer to sit on my ass all day and binge watch tv series.

"What ride do you want to go on first?" Grayson asked.

I take it all in.

"We should check out the haunted house." I suggest with excitement.

"Let's go." He smiled, holding his hand out for me to take.

I look down at it with confusion before meeting his eyes again. "People will see us." I tell him, my heart palpitating with panic.

"So? No one here even knows us." He says.

I was scared.

What would people think of us?