Chapter 1. || The party

[Y/N] = Your name
Mention of abuse/alcohol. Trigger warning.

Years she spent here, locked up in a house with someone who didn't even care one bit about her. He despised her and hated her in every way you could imagine. She knew he did, but she stayed because she had no place to go otherwise. She was trapped.

So she tried her best for him, she tried not to hate him despite the things he had done to her.. Despite the things that happened between them, the fights, the bruises she had gotten and the way he had ruined her whole childhood with his abuse. No matter how many arguments they had, she always tried to stay obedient, she adapted to his rules and she did whatever he wanted her to do. She kept on acting.. Just to make him love her the way she wanted her father to. Just to feel some of that fatherly love, even if it meant that she had to put up with his abuse daily.

It was the only thing she wanted. To be loved, to have a happy ending.

Or wasn't it?

Would there be a day she'd quit the act and snap?

. . .

[31 October 2000. 7 years before Michael Myers escapes Smith's Groves sanitarium.]

You walked down the stairs, holding 3 school books in your arms as the sound of your footsteps hitting the wood was heard. "Morning, Dad." You said, entering the living room and placing the heavy books on the table. He stayed silent, holding a beer bottle while reading a newspaper at the end of the table. You rolled your eyes and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. You took a bite as you stared out the window, the Halloween decorations of your neighbour instantly catching your attention. While you were staring at the little pumpkins and skeletons, you suddenly remembered that there was a Halloween party at your friend's house tonight. You took a quick glance at your father, hesitating if you should tell him about it again. You already told him a week ago, and he didn't seem to care that you were going... But that was when he was drunk. 'What if he had forgotten it by now?'  Your inner voice spoke. You didn't want to get into trouble so you decided to ask again, just to be sure.

He wouldn't care, right? He never does.'  He'll probably let you go like all the other times. A deep breath left your lips as you mustered up all your courage to ask him. You just hoped he hadn't changed his mind.

"Dad, uhm, you know I'm going to be home a bit later today, right? I'm going to that Halloween party I told you about." You said in a soft-spoken voice and took another bite out of your apple, still looking out the window, avoiding eye contact.

Your father lowered his newspaper and looked at you, raising a brow. Your face was heating up, just because you could feel his eyes piercing into your soul right now. "And who told you that?" He asked. You turned your head to him with confusion. "What do you mean?" You asked, looking at him with a puzzled expression. "Who told you that you could go huh? Are the chores going to do themselves? Is the food going to?" He said with narrowed eyes.

"Dad, you told me I could go? You- You didn't tell me about me having to do chores or cook today? I-- Well, maybe I can figure something out so I'll be able to go, I won't be home too late either, I promise I'll finish all the chores then." You said, trying to look for solutions and hoping he would let you go tonight. "No. You won't be going anywhere unless every chore in this house is done." He spoke, he was getting mad, you could hear it in his tone. "Dad, come on. I can't do that right now I-I've got school in 20 minutes! After school, I can maybe order some food for you and after the party, I'll do everything!" You said with slight frustration in your voice. You had already made plans with your friends the moment he told you you were allowed to go, how could he just suddenly change his mind? You had behaved yourself the whole week, did everything he asked you to and now you get this? You couldn't cancel your plans last minute.