Chapter 19. || Realisations

You were dragged to your room after your outburst as you were sitting on your bed now. You didn't even know why you reacted like that, you were in shock at how you had suddenly lost control over your emotions but at the same time, you were in denial. Denial of the ugly truth which had been untold today. You didn't know he had another daughter.

The woman didn't look that old, you assumed she was just a few years younger than you, you're 23 at the moment, you guessed she was around 21.

But if he really had another child... That must've meant he cheated on your mother. 

That was the reason for your outburst, realising that your father hadn't just hurt your mother, but also cheated on her and gotten a child with another woman. 

You leaned your head back against the wall and closed your eyes. You couldn't believe it. That meant that she was your half-sister. How did she even get in here? She was clearly looking for you, she knew you were inside this place, she knew who you were. Did she commit a crime just so she could see you? Try to threaten you? Scare you?

You shook your head in annoyance while you continued to sit on your bed in silence. But what did she mean by "You killed my father"? He was alive, wasn't he? Maybe she didn't know yet. But you did. There was no way he died after waking up from his coma. You knew he was alive, you could feel it deep inside you. That the man you had so much hatred for was still alive, probably peacefully living his life while you were inside here, rotting away.

You gritted your teeth and slapped your hands on your face. After minutes of sitting like that, your hands fell to your sides while you opened your eyes with a sigh. You had to distract yourself, distract your mind from thinking about the things that had happened, knowing your father is still alive, the memories of your childhood coming back more and more, the random woman who was somehow your half-sister... You took a deep breath and your eyes fell on the mask on your desk, trying to get the feeling of comfort again from the thought of him, Michael

Suddenly the door opened and your eyes shot towards it, awakening you from your thoughts.

"Hey" A man said, Mason. "What do you want?" You asked him with a sigh, not being in the mood to talk right now. "The hell happened in the cafeteria?" He asked, closing the door behind him and walking towards you. "A patient was being an asshole." You replied with a shrug. "You've come across more people who were acting like assholes to you, you've never gotten such a bad outburst. What happened [Y/N]?" The guard asked again. You looked at the man in silence, giving him a small head tilt. 'why did he seem to care?'  You let out a small chuckle. "You sound like Doctor McTavish." You mocked as the guard rolled his eyes at you. "But seriously, tell me what happened." He said, his voice getting a tint of seriousness in it. 

"A woman randomly came up to me, she started off being nice and annoying until she suddenly got all threatening, telling me she knew I killed her father and shit. Yet, I haven't killed anyone.  When I told her I didn't know who she was talking about she said my father's name." You said as you watched Mason's face fill with surprise mixed with slight confusion. "I wanted an answer. I wanted to know who she was because if my father is actually her father that means she's my sister, and that also means my father cheated on my mother." You muttered, your anger becoming a little more noticeable once those last words left your lips. Mason's brows raised, he wasn't used to seeing you this angry. "Woah, what a great reunion." He said sarcastically as you rolled your eyes at him. "Sure was." You replied in a sarcastic way, looking away. "But hey, you're a guard- You should know her name, right?" You said, facing him again with a curious tint in your eyes.

Mason scratched his head. "I'm not sure who it is, I think she's new, I haven't seen or heard from her before..." Mason said while you pressed your lips together and gave a slightly disappointed nod. "But don't worry, I'll figure it out. Maybe one of the other guards knows." Mason said, his voice seeming to be a little reassuring which made your brows raise in slight amusement. "Alright" You said. 

He looked at you in silence for a second. You tilted your head at the man as you could see him deep in his thoughts.

"Well, I should get going before they ask me why I was in your room for so long, I'll make sure to check the girl's info." He suddenly said, breaking the silence. He stood up and walked away from your bed while your eyes followed him. "Okay... Thank you by the way." You mumbled right as he wanted to open the door. He turned his head towards you and gave a slight smile. "Of course." He said and exited your room. 

'Hmp. Strange guy.'