chapter 3

At half time the score was 4-0 to us, with Georgia scoring the opener, and then Alessia and Ella within 5 minutes of each other; right before the whistle blew for half time we got given a penalty as a result of a nasty tackle bringing down Nikita, which was taken by Ella and my gosh it was is a good goal. During half time daisy's mum went to go and get us all some snacks whilst we both sat watching the few girls that remained on the pitch do so fun passing things, and discussing how we were going to do that as well when we next had a ball at our feet. We received our hotdogs as well as a speech from daisy's mum about how everything is so overpriced at stadiums and how we should always bring our own in. Eventually more and more players came out onto the pitch, daisy at this point had a very large smile plastered across her face as she had earned herself a wave from Millie Bright. She looked at both of us and waved whilst stood next to Rachel, evening pointing us out to her earning me a wave too.

Eventually the match resumed and the same energy returned. Everyone was excited due to the score, meaning the players morals were high as well. 10 minutes into the second half Rachel Daly scored causing the whole stadium to erupt, replicating their reaction to the other 4 goals. She ran to the corner and did a knew slide before the team came pilling on her to celebrate. I must admit i nearly cried, my idol was so close and had just scored. Around the 69' mark, sarina made a substitution for Bethany England coming on for Alessia Russo. Within 3 minutes of her stepping onto the pitch, she received an amazing long shot from Millie resulting in Beth scoring a hat-trick. At 74' Georgia then scored again, making the score 7-0.

Everything was going really well, until one of Luxembourg girls took a high kick to the ball, well what they thought was the ball. Turned out it was Lucy's head. You could hear the stadium wait in patience to see whether she would get up. The medics ran on and to take a look, but before they could get there Lucy was up and rearing to go earning her an applause from the fans. Thankfully we still got the penalty which was taken by Rachel. She stepped back and ran up to it, not giving anyone any idea where she aiming to place this ball. Everyones eyes focussed on this one ball as it flew through the air, trying to find its way to the back of the net. It hit the top of the cross bar causing everyone to think that Rachel's plan had failed, but instead reflected off of Millie's head and into the goal. It was a Daly Brightness goal. The stadium erupted and everyone celebrated. The remaining 7 minutes flew by and before we knew it the whistle blew. Everyone was cheering, dancing, singing, and having fun.

The players made their way round the pitch signing shirts and taking photos. Millie recognised us from earlier and made her way over with rachel besides her.

To say me and daisy were excited, nervous and scared all at once was an understatement. When they got to us conversation just flowed,

"hey girls how are you?" millie started by saying. i let daisy take the lead as she was always the more confident one out the two of us.

"good thank you. those goals were amazing!" i was surprised that she could even get any words out as i just stood there gobsmacked.

"thank you, but what can I say team work makes the dream work am I right? So what are your names?" rachel said indicating to us both.

"my name is daisy and this is my best friend lily" she said pointing to me

"rachel we have the same last name, how cool is that! I'm lily daly and you are rachel daly" rachels looked at millie with a certain look on her face. instead now she was speechless,

"lily when is your birthday?" millie said to me as her best friend stood next to her looking puzzled.

"um i don't know exactly, i mean i have never met my real parents but i think it's on the 12th of june. why?" at this point me and daisy were looking at each other confused and millie and rachel also shared a face, but their's was of shock.

"how about you both come and meet us after media and stuff and we can sign some stuff for you?" our faces changed from confusion to excitement.

"YES YES YES" we both said in unison.

Millie and rachel both ran off to join the rest of their team, leaving us excited yet confused. We talked about the question we want to ask both of them as well as getting a few photos of the stadium with us and our shirts on. A friendly looking women came up to us and told us to come with her to a room where we would meet millie and rachel. After daisy's mum discussed a few things with her, we hopped over the barriers and followed her. We walked through the tunnel which was something that me and daisy both dreamed of walking through when were older and got the see the inside of the stadium that usually only the players and staff get to see. The women led us to a small room with some sofas in, that looked out onto the pitch; we got told to wait here as millie and rachel were doing an interview.

As soon as the door opened we were greeted with the smiley faces of our favourite players. Rachel only walking a few steps into the room before grabbing daisy's mum and leading her outside, leaving me, daisy and millie time to talk about the match that had just taken place. Millie told us many secrets and tips, as well as signing our shirts and giving daisy her own that she had worn only moments before. We also talked about our own football at school, and that was when rachel walked back into the room looking worried yet still having a smile on her face. I looked over at daisy's mum and she looked like she had been crying but when she saw me giving her a sympathetic look she replied with a thumbs up and her usual happy grin.

Rachel took a seat down next to millie and placed her hand on her knee to indicated that she was ready to speak. This caused me to start to get a little anxious as i had no clue what or how the next few words she would say, would affect my life.

"So lily could you please tell me more about yourself" rachel said as millie and daisy talked about chelsea as that was the team that daisy supported.

"well there isn't much to know haha. i mean i play football, get good grades, yeah"

"I mean there has to be more, but that's cool. So how much do you know about birth parents?" where is this going? why would THE RACHEL DALY want to know about my birth parents!

"well i don't know anything because every time i ask my foster parents i get told 'no' in a way that has made me learnt to never ask again. i mean the only thing i do know is that i kept my name from my birth parents, and that is why daisy came up with the theory that you were my mum but i told her it was a stupid idea" i chuckled but rachel replied by showing me her forearm.

12.06.2009

why did she have my birthday on her arm? i was so confused.

"i am so confused right now" i said which caught millie and daisy attention.

"lily i, well with the help of millie, think you are my daughter"

What the hell....

____________

hope you like this chapter! I will try and update this book as much as possible!! Let me know your thoughts and anything you want to see, if you don't want to comment my private messages are always open! X