chapter 10

"You bitch! You took us for granted" my foster dad bellowed in my face as he got up out of his seat and started walking towards me.

"I hope you know that she will NEVER love you, she will NEVER want you and NEVER did, she will NEVER treat you as good as we treat you. before you know it you will be OUT on the streets. DEAD." I wanted to cry at the words that had just come out of his mouth, but instead, tears came from the pain of his hand striking my face.

He yanked me up out of my seat and started punching my ribs.

* 1 punch*

* 2 punch*

* 3 punch*

* 4 punch*

* 5 punch* .....

I was sobbing and started calling out for my mum. All they did was stand there and laugh whilst I received my beating. After around 5 minutes, I was shoved out of the front door onto the cold pavement. I felt weak. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Rachel's angry face. She laughed at me and ran back to her car whilst confirming everything that my foster dad had just said.

"How could you believe that I was actually getting you back? You are so stupid for thinking that, I gave you up for a reason!" she pointed and laughed from her window whilst I ran away, not having anywhere to go, sobbing my eyes out.

~ flashback over ~

I shot up from my bed with the instant feeling of sweat and heavy breathing. Almost immediately, my door was opened and my worried face was met with my mum's. She rushed over to me and placed herself on my bed so that I could collapse in her arms. Her attempts to calm me down didn't work as my breathing only quickened. My head which was nestled into her side was brought up so that we had eye contact. She said 3 words that managed to get my breathing under control, 'I'm here, breathe'. Once I managed to get my breathing back and steady the tears flowing out of my eyes, I broke the silence.

"Thank you." I said in a relieving tone.
"That's what I am here for, but please talk to me" she said showing several emotions on her face.
"Just old things coming back causing a bad dream, I am fine now. Or at least I will be" I said attempting to plaster a smile across my face.
"Ok if you say so, but I am here night or day to talk to, understand?" I nodded my head resulting in a kiss being placed on it. With that being said we made our way downstairs to enjoy some breakfast.

Thankfully during breakfast the topic of conversation was mainly on the match that was to be taken place later on in the day. Both mum and Mill were playing in that match so things got interesting. They were both trying to prove why there team was better, and then started getting me involved. I refused and told them that it would be decided later on in the match. I had enough of them acting like kids, so I made my way upstairs and got changed. I got confused on what shirt to wear because as much as I wanted to wear Mums, I also wanted to wear Mills as she has also become a big part of my life. Since we had about an hour before me and mum had to leave, I decided to text her to ask her about my idea.

She came into my room and saw me holding both shirts in my hand. She shot me a confused a look but as soon as I explained my idea to her, her face changed to a proud and happy face.

"Lily you are so kind, she will love that. And I love you kiddo" she said placing a kiss on my head.

With that being said I started my mini project. I was pretty good at sewing and creative stuff alike, whether that was music or arty things i used it as an escape back then and thankfully i haven't needed it since. Once i had finished, i quickly packed a small bag with anything i would need, plus the shirt, and headed downstairs to get ready to go. We decided that i was to travel with mum to the match on the team coach, as i had already met most of the team anyways.