chapter 7

I stood there hugging my best friend by the door, as tears escaped from our eyes. I knew I had to leave Daisy in order to move in with Rachel. It was going to be goddamn hard, but I didn't think it would be this hard.

Goodbyes have always been a bittersweet thing for me. I never got to say goodbye to my mum when she gave me up, so thankfully I have never had to say a goodbye that was to last for longer than a few days (with exceptions for when daisy goes on holiday and I am not bought along). Instead, they have either been a thing that I have said to leave hell (otherwise known as my old foster home) and see Daisy, or something I have said to leave Daisy and go back to hell. Thankfully, up until now Daisy was on either end of those goodbyes, knowing that she won't be until I see her next is a hard thing to consume.

After planning my move to live with Rachel, we all decided that it made sense for me to stay with the Smiths whilst Rachel went back to her home to sort everything out. The morning leading up to the goodbyes was spent just like the last few days prior. I woke up in the spare bedroom directly opposite Daisy's room and went in to annoy her. I ran up and launched myself on top of her, causing her to groan and shove me off the bed.

"Oww! Well good morning to you too, grumpy head" I said getting up from the floor.

"It's 8 am Lily and you come and jump on me what do you expect" she said closing her eyes, causing me to start poking her.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT" she said practically yelling.

"chill out, I will just go and play FIFA or something"

I walked over to the Xbox that sat at the end of her room and placed myself on the sofa. Suddenly I had a thought...

"Wait! Daisy can you help me set my phone that my mum gave me" I said as I walked back over to her bed which she was now sitting up in, scrolling through her phone. She nodded her head, causing me to rush back to my room and grab the box which housed the phone.

When I reentered the room, Daisy invited me to sit with her on her double bed which I accepted, and got comfy beside her. We got the phone out of the box and as it was the same type as Daisy's she gave me a spare one of her phone cases, enabling us to have matching ones. After some time we had finally finished setting up the phone and were now just downloading apps.

"Lily are you basically out of the foster system now?"

"Um yeah pretty much, why do you ask?"

"Well doesn't that mean you can now have a social media account?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Do you want to help me set it up?" she looked at me and replied by simply snatching my phone out of my hands.

Once the app was downloaded, I realized that I probably should have asked whether I was allowed to be on social media, so I decided to message Rachel.

Rachel

hey! |
me and daisy are setting up |
my phone now and I was
wondering whether I could
get my own Instagram account?
it would be private and |
you can check who follows
me, etc.
you can say no. x |

| um... I don't see why not but
please make it private and
don't accept anyone yet that
isn't daisy! Xx

thank you! xx |

| ❤️

After getting the all-clear from Rachel we started setting up my account. Well, when I say we, I mean Daisy. She took full control; I mean it. She put a photo that she forced me to take of myself as the profile picture and found me a username. She even went to the extent of making us have matching bios, with mine saying 'no, I don't think you understand...' and then hers saying 'I'm obsessed'. It was cool to now be part of that world.