chapter 8

I woke up to the halt of the car. I looked over to my right to see Rachel's face smiling at me.

"Welcome home baby girl, how do you feel?"
"Just glad to be with you" I said whilst returning her gesture of a smile.

We got out of the car and Rachel went to the boot to collect my bag, and then headed to the door. The house sat on a nice looking estate surrounded by fields, not so far from Stoke-on-Trent; this meant that Millie (Rachel's girlfriend) and Rachel could live together, as where they both trained was around 1h from there. (I don't if those facts are true but for the story purpose it is haha). As we stepped inside my nose was filled with the scent of cleanliness and candles instead of the usual stale smell I was used to. It was bright yet homely with the walls being white and wood lining the floors. This was my home and I was happy.

One of the first things Rachel told me when were discussing me moving in, was that she lived with Millie. I was excited to meet her but also nervous as I knew she made Rachel happy so didn't want to affect their relationship, so when she told me that Millie was staying with her United teammates for a few days whilst I settled in, I wasn't exactly annoyed.

After a quick tour of the house, me and Rachel made our way into the kitchen. She got me a drink whilst I found myself a seat at the breakfast bar and then she started to talk,

"So lily I want to go over some of my like rules if that's ok?" I nodded my head apprehensively.

"Ok, first of all I want you to know that if you don't like any of these we can talk about it and make some adjustments. That leads me onto the first one, communication; let me know what's going on inside your brain, if you can't speak then write it out but please don't suffer in silence, night or day. No drinking or smoking, you are only 13 and that one isn't up for discussion" she stated causing us both to giggle, "don't swear, I mean the odd one doesn't matter but it has to be used in fair context. Gay, straight or whoever you love i don't mind, just as long as they treat you right. Ummm... that's kind of all the things I can think of, if you think of anything else let me know. Final thing though, if you need space or time that you feel I am not giving you, or if I am giving you too much, please just tell me" she let out a big sigh to indicate she was finished talking giving me a chance to respond to the speech she has just given.

"That's all fine and yes I will probably need time to adjust because after all I am in a place where I don't know and literally only know you, but after all, I am where I need to be and with the people I need to be with" as I finished Rachel came round and placed her arms over my back allowing us to embrace.

We talked some more about my school and football etc, before I made my way upstairs to my room. I felt lucky to have a room that looked like this after the state of my old room. I was surprised that Rachel knew what I liked without me having to tell her.

This is what it looked like ⬇️⬇️⬇️