chapter 13

I followed my mum as she made her way to the kitchen. A voice echoed throughout, giving me a rough idea of who it belonged to but I wasn't one hundred percent as I had only heard this voice on FaceTime calls previously. My mum ran up and jumped on top of the mystery person in the kitchen, but let's just say it wasn't a mystery after all.

"Lil, join the group hug you idiot!" my mum said, so i jumped on her, causing the 3 of us to fall on the fall in balls of laughter.
"The Lilster! How's your life going? It's been a while since our last FaceTime call so me and rach thought it was time for us to have a proper meet up in person, and I promise this time there is no life changing news"
"Well good job I like you Millie con carni otherwise this would be a rubbish surprise." I said running over to millie bright and plonking myself on her so that we could embrace. Mum whipped out her phone and took a photo of us two, we both laughed at her attempts before she said,
"What! Two of my favourite people are together again, it needs a photo to capture the moment" eventually we gave in so that she could take at least one nice photo, before taking a seat at the breakfast bar.

Mum prepared me a snack consisting of some cheese and crackers whilst we all caught up on the events that had happened since we last talked. Mum made sure that me and millie spoke on the phone or on FaceTime at least once a week. It was weird to start with after what happened at the stadium, but i quickly warmed up to her and it became one of my highlights of the week. I understood why my mum and millie were such good friends, it was just like me and daisy.

At this point it was around 4:00 and we were sat on the sofa whilst millie was telling me what is like to play at Chelsea. She also tried to make me support Chelsea for her, but before I could say anything my mum butted in saying,
"mil, don't even try she is just like her mother! Leeds fan through and through"
I then added on by saying, "don't forget Villa for you, Man U for Mill, and maybe just maybe I'll make an exception for Millie con carni with Chelsea"
"Thank you very much lilster" millie said in a thankful yet comedic tone.
"Oh I forgot to tell you that mill is staying over at Toone's tonight so that we can have a girly night just us 3!" Mum said to me. I nodded in acknowledgment before squealing as I couldn't couldn't contain my excitement.

The rest of the evening was spent doing karaoke, watching movies, catching each other up on our lives, and making pizzas (by that I mean buying margarita pizzas and putting our own toppings on as mum couldn't be bothered to get the ingredients for the dough and stuff, which I completely understand). After I had finished eating my pizza, I went upstairs to quickly get showered and change into my pjs also giving my mum and millie time to talk and catch up as adults without me in the way. I came back downstairs to the pair of them sniggering and sipping on their glasses of wine. I gave them both a look to say what on earth have you done whilst I've been gone before taking my seat on the sofa next to them. Once I had sat down my mum passed me my phone and I immediately knew they had done something on it. I scrolled through all the apps that they could of done something on, whilst looking over me were both of them laughing their heads off like little children. I didn't understand what could of been so funny until I opened my photos app and found several hundred photos that they had taken, both of each other and together. These photos included snapchat and instagram filters as well as each of them doing many different poses and basically just taking the mick out of themselves. I scrolled through all of them until I found one that was actually nice and decided to post it on my Instagram story.

They both saw the story and after realising it was actually quite cute said they loved it

They both saw the story and after realising it was actually quite cute said they loved it. Another person saw the story, and that person was daisy. I hadn't spoken to her in a few days due to everything becoming so busy, but as soon as she messaged I suggested that we should FaceTime as the last time us 4 were having a conversation it resulted in the situation I was in now. I asked both my mum and millie if it was alright and they agreed so after daisy replied I called her straight away. I decided that I should stay downstairs for the FaceTime so that millie and mum could also be in it, with that being said my mum ushered me to sit in between the two of them so I did exactly that.

"Hey dais!" I said excitedly with my mum and millie waving through the screen.
"Hey lil! Hey Millie and Rachel, how are you all?"
She said a bit shell shocked that's she was on FaceTime to Millie Bright. Obviously they had met before but still Millie is her idol so it made sense, and she knew my mum so it hadn't become as much of a big deal.
"Good thank you daisy. How are you and your mum?" My mum said. It was still kind of weird for me that Rachel Daly knew daisy and her mum, that aspect of my life still hadn't settled in.
"Everything good here thanks. I see you are having a girls night, thanks for invite!?" Daisy said adding a sarcastic tone to the later part of her statement, causing us to laugh.
"Dais i wish you were here, you need to visit soon! Also I got into the academy!" I squealed forgetting that i hadn't actually told her yet.
"OMG LIL I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!" She said as I smiled in gratitude to her excitement for me. My mum saw this and rubbed my arm to also show how proud she was of me (even though she had told me many times already, every time was just as special).

Daisy is amazing at football, don't get me wrong she could become of the best, but that wasn't her dream. Her dream was to help people. Anybody and everybody that needed help, she would. That's why in the future she wants to become a family lawyer. She wants to make a difference and make sure everyone has a chance to achieve their dreams. In a way I could say she got me to where I am today, but to be completely honest she has done so much more than that. She help lift me in lows and find meaning in life when I truly wanted everything to end. Everyone needs a daisy in their life, even if distance separates them.

I ended up going to my room to finish talking with daisy so that she could catch me up on school, Mr Michaels, and any and every thing else. Even though it felt like 5 minutes, it ended up being about and hour so I said goodbye and came back to join my mum and millie. As there was a gap between them both, I shimmied my way in and placed my head onto my mums lap before millie lifted up my legs and placed them on her lap. We watched some random romcom on Netflix, but i didn't watch much as my eyes felt heavy and the next thing I knew..... i was asleep.

It was a great day, I mean it ended well. My life is going great, well mostly and all I can think about is how once I dreamed of the life I now have and dreaded the life I used to have.

___________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay and the short chapter as well. I wanted to write a chapter with millie in it, but knew it would be short so decided to give this before the next one which hopefully will be a lot a longer. Hopefully you can understand that the chapters will become less frequent due to everything starting back up again and my life become a lot more hectic, but as usual I will try my best! I hope you like this chapter even though it is short and sweet! Xx