chapter 15

I felt someone shake my shoulder, causing me to rub my eyes and slowly let them adjust to the natural lights beaming through the large windows of the bus.

"Lily, wake up. Everyone's already gone inside, did you sleep well?" said a voice next to me, but I immediately knew who it was.
"Yes thanks, you're really comfy," I said causing Niamh and me both to chuckle.

"Good I'm glad," agh her smile! "we should probably head inside and start getting ready for the game" I nodded my head in agreement and we went on our way.

We made our way to the away changing rooms to meet up with the rest of the team. As we walked in I was met with the eyes of everyone, but they almost immediately returned to what they were doing except for Lucy who was chatting with Isla and Harper. She gave me a look to say something is going on that you're not telling me, but before a conversation could be made Jaqueline spoke.

"Girls! Now everyone is here we are going to go outside and quickly warm up before getting ready and having a team talk before kick-off. So everyone let's head out to the pitch and get ready to win this one!" She shouted the latter part, and with that being said, Niamh and I quickly changed into our training kit and put on our boots before heading out to the pitch with everyone else.

Our warm-up consisted of our usual things plus a few simple drills to get us prepared. It took us about 30 minutes to complete these, so luckily we could get them done before any of the crowds could come into the grounds. It was relatively cold but luckily there wasn't a breeze about to make matters worse nor a chance of rain. After we were warm we got ready for the match. For me, this consisted of putting my hair into a tight high ponytail and getting changed into my match kit. The overall mood in the changing room was really good, everyone was pumped for the upcoming match and I was so excited to be starting. Obviously, I was also extremely nervous because I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worthy of this spot in the starting 11 and also to make my mum and mill proud.

Niamh was given the captaincy role for this match so she got everyone's attention so she could give a team talk before Jaqueline gave her final words before kick-off. "Girls I wanna say a few things before coach sends us off," she said as everyone huddled around to hear what our captain had to say.

"So, as most of you know this could be a good win for us if we work together and don't get in our heads. We need to believe in each other and do our best and I'm certain we can bag this one on our road to defending our title. Our starting 11 is deserved and we have a new addition to it this game, so please can we congratulate... Lily!"

Niamh brought me into a bear hug to congratulate me along with Lucy hanging on from behind and then Isla and Harper joining where they could. All the other girls clapped and cheered to show their support apart from the 2 girls who let's just say wouldn't be cheering me on from the stands. Once everyone had settled down Jaqueline spoke,

"Thank you Niamh for those lovely words, and for stealing what I was going to say," we all let out a chuckle "but I have a few points I would like to say before you girls go to head out. Firstly, Niamh and Maya stay up front as much as possible to get us goals but in order for you girls to do that we need Harper and Cleo as well as Jodie and Jessie to help feed the ball through up to them, and then I want Lily and Luce to stay fairly upfront with your defense but if needed you can run back to help Aria and Penelope with their defense and finally Sophia keep on your toes because, to be honest, I don't know how this game might play out" she said giving everyone a minute to digest what she had just said, "but anyway girls lets get out there and do our best to win this, Villans on three! One, Two, Three, VILLANS!"

Everyone cheered and left the changing rooms to walk out and line up. I quickly looked at my home to see a message from my mum,

mum 💞