chapter 6

The sound of the car stopping sent shivers down my spine. The last time I was here, I was alone; this time I had my mum by my side. Still, I was shaking and thinking about every possible way this conversation could go. Rachel noticed my nerves and placed her hand on my thigh,

"Lil, we can go to plan B if you want?" I shook my head, wanting to be able to leave them with confidence.
"No it's fine, I want to do this"

Plan B was for Rachel to come inside with me and help me tell them, but that was the last resort. Instead plan A was for me to do it all by myself; that was the way I wanted it to happen, I just didn't know how it would. I gave Rachel a squeeze and left for the front door. Thankfully, the only thing that I owned that I knew I wanted to keep was at Daisy's house, meaning I could tell them, let them react, and leave.

As the door opened I was met with the usual unpleasant aroma that the house kept. I walked in and found my foster parents or whatever you now want to call them sitting and watching TV in their living room. They both looked up at me, scoffed and returning their eyes to the screen in front of them.

"Hello," I said in a dubious tone. "How are you both?", their reply was a small nod with their heads still turned in the direction of the TV. I stood there unsure of what to do when my foster mum made a deep sigh and started her speech.

"For goodness sake! will you just sit down, you are giving me a headache standing there" I quickly found the nearest seat and sat down in it. I didn't know what to do or say; I felt stuck.

"So what did you even want to tell us then?" She said in her usual sarcastic tone.

"Well, I wanted to inform you that I am no longer in your care, I found my mum" they looked at me as if someone had just told them that they had to run 5 miles.

"You bitch! You took us for granted" my foster dad said as he got up out of his seat and started walking towards me. "I hope you know that she will never love you, she will never want you and never did, she will never treat you as good as we treat you. before you know it you will be out on the streets. dead." I wanted to cry at the words that had just come out of his mouth, but instead, tears came from the pain of his hand striking my face. He yanked me up out of my seat and started punching my ribs. I was sobbing and started calling out for my mum. All they did was stand there and laugh whilst I received my last beating in this house.

After around 5 minutes, I was shoved out of the front door onto the cold pavement. I felt weak. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Rachel's worried face. She picked me up and ran back to her car whilst I hugged her as tight as I could. I hated that she saw me like this but knew it wouldn't be the only time either.

Rachel's POV

Lily had been in the house for around 25 minutes meaning I had some time to catch up with Millie and tell her what was happening.

Millie Moo 🪩

this morning - 11:41

Hey, how is everything going? x |

now - 3:17

| Hey Mils sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
| Everything has been great though, we talked things through and ended up going to her care worker's office to get her put under my care until the judge could sign permanent paperwork.
| I feel so bad though all this time her 'foster parents' have been so bad to her.

Oh my gosh, I am glad everything went well! |
That is quick then, is she moving in with you? And what about her school and football? Her friends? |

| Well, she is moving in with me but we don't know any of the details yet.
|She is talking to her foster parents now
about it but I have a bad feeling about
something, so wish me luck I guess haha xx

Everything will be fine and I am always |
here if you need me Rach.
Good luck! X |

As I lent back in my seat taking a deep breath. I heard faint sobs out of my window that I cracked opened to let in the fresh air; I looked out to see lily in a ball on the pavement. I rushed out as soon as possible and carried her back to the car. We both sat in the back seat as I made her steady her breathing. After about 5 minutes of me calming her down, we were just sat in silence. I was rocking her back and forth in my lap trying every way to comfort her. Eventually, her crystal-like eyes looked up at me,

"Mum please don't ever leave me with them, ever. I need you." I wanted to cry. Those were the words that I needed to let me know that she wasn't going to be leaving my life anytime soon.

"Baby girl I am going nowhere. I always will and always have been here, we just had to find eachother"

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before Lily suggested we go and see Daisy. I agreed and put the directions into the sat nav. Once we arrived Lily rushed off with Daisy leaving me being able to speak to Daisy's mum again. She was a nice lady and I was glad that she was in Lily's life when I couldn't be.

"She needs to move in with you and get out of her foster home, but what is she doing about school and dais" She said very directly whilst offering me a coffee which I gladly excepted.

"I have custody now so that's the plan, but I kind of need your help with the whole school thing and obviously she still needs to have you and daisy in her life" I said truthfully.

"Well the distance will be hard, but we will make time and get dates to meet up booked, so don't worry." She got her laptop out and took a seat next to me at the breakfast bar in her kitchen. 

"We will find a new school now and everything will be sorted. I promise. I want you to be together, she needs you" 

______________

Hope you like it, sorry my week has been really busy but once school has finished I will try and write as much as possible! As always give me your suggestions xx