chapter 4

Silence filled the room. I was stunned, I couldn't speak. I sat there still; dead in my position.

"You don't have to say anything right now lily" she said as she put her hand on my thigh to tell me that she was there, but all I could do was look into the blank space behind her as my mind went into overdrive.

After I sat their for a few minutes not replying, Rachel spoke again,

"Daisy's mum has my number so lily, please, let me know if and when you want to talk" they both said goodbye and got up leave the room with me saying nothing, sat without moving a muscle.

As soon as i heard the door shut, i looked over to Daisy who had a shocked yet sympathetic look on her face. I didn't know what to do nor what to say, so i did the only thing i knew would comfort me in that moment. I fell into daisy's arms and let her hold me whilst i left out a few silent sobs. The news i had just been given was hard, confusing and exiting to process; I also had lots of questions. Why did she give me up? Did she want me back in her life? Was i to move in with her? It was a shock. After around 5 minutes of me laying in my best friends arms, daisy's mum suggested that we should leave and hed back to the house. We did as she asked and i must admit i did feel bad for both of them as i was just silent the whole time until we got we back. The car journey was silent but not awkward, nothing was said from anyone.

Once we arrived back at the house, me and daisy made our way up to her room. At this point my face had changed to having a slight smile on it. Daisy broke the silence,

"Lil, you don't have to talk but please tell me what you are thinking. i can literally see the clogs working inside your brain" I took a deep breath and laid it all out on the table.

"Well i mean i just got told that my all time idol is my mother. Yes i want to get to know her. Yes i want to meet up with her. And yes i want to know why and how and what and when and who. But what if she doesn't want to. What about my foster parents. What if she is just telling me this, but wants nothing to do with me. Daisy i don't know what to do!" i blurted out whilst tears flowed out of my eyes. All daisy did was pull me into a tight hug and rock me back and forth.

"Listen, tonight lets do facemarks, bake and belt out mamma mia, and my mum will message rachel and get a time when you two can meet up and talk things through. Deal?" i looked up at her and held out my pinky as we made a pinky promise.

Daisy is my best friend for a reason. She makes everything better. She makes me smile. She is my light at the end of the tunnel.

We took turns showering, before changing into some of daisy's pjs (I told you I wear all of her clothes whenever I am at her house). Her mum has the best skincare collection, like ever, so we looked through all of it before finding a face mask to apply on our faces. Daisy applied mine and I applied hers, which for once we managed to actually get on our faces and not in our hair. We made our way downstairs towards the kitchen where we found daisy's mum. I gave her a hug and she whispered in my ear,

"everything will work out, I promise"

I replied by giving her squeeze and a smile before she helped us find the box mix for the cake. We got out all the ingredients and started baking. We settled on a red velvet cake mix which I think ended up being more on the counters and our mouths than actually in the cupcakes cases. After attempting to clean up the mess that was made we let them cool before scramming down one cupcake each.

Laughing was something that was never problem with us but when i tell you that was one comedy show of simply baking some cupcakes, i am not lying. Speaking of comedy's, me and daisy went into her cinema room and watched girls trip which was one of our favourites because we could laugh and cry all within the space of 2h. I must of ended up falling asleep during the film, as I woke up at 2am to a snoring daisy led besides me. I decided instead of waking her up and going to her room to bed, that we should just sleep down here tonight, so that is what happened.

 I decided instead of waking her up and going to her room to bed, that we should just sleep down here tonight, so that is what happened

_____________

Sorry for the shorter chapter, but the next one will be out soon and definitely worth it!!! Xx