Chapter 11

Chapter 011 - It’s Spelling, Be Serious About It

“Spelling,” Bian JinYuan said concisely.

“There are 50 of them!”

“It’s only 50.”

Lu YunFei blinked in confusion, “Classmate Bian, why are you doing this to me?”

Bian JinYuan said calmly, “A drop of water given in need, shall be repaid with a gushing spring. It’s time for my spring to gush.”

Who the fuck let your spring gush here?!

“Did you forget that your spring has already gushed?” Lu YunFei kindly reminded him, “The basketball match.”

Bian JinYuan lifted the corners of his mouth and smiled. Lu YunFei thought that this morning was quite exceptional, he actually managed to see him smile twice.

And then he heard Bian JinYuan state, “Have you ever seen a fountain spout only once?”

Lu YunFei, “......”

Lu YunFei had a flash of inspiration, “Don’t we have such a fountain in school? It only spouts during the welcome ceremony.”

“Even though it spouts once a year at every welcome ceremony, since the school was established, it has spouted a number of times already.”

“Then you could also do it once a year,” Lu YunFei wholeheartedly recommended.

Bian JinYuan levelly said, “You still want to be desk mates with me next year?”

Lu YunFei said in his heart, it’s not impossible.
Nonetheless his mouth swiftly denied it, “I don’t, never did, don’t spout nonsense.”

“Then memorize your spelling properly,” Bian JinYuan concluded, not giving him a chance to refute.

Lu YunFei sighed in exasperation as he looked at the sheet of paper in his hands. He recognized every Chinese character on it, but he just wasn’t able to translate them into English. In despair he let his head drop onto the desk, feeling the gloominess of life and the bleak future which stemmed from the morning he had English spelling memorization.

Lu YunFei anxiously and fearfully worked on writing down the 50 English words, before forcefully pushing the paper back to Bian JinYuan.

“I tried my best,” He said softly.

It was rare to see him so deflated. Bian JinYuan felt intrigued by the sight, and took the paper over to take a look at it.

“You call this doing your best?” Bian JinYuan almost couldn’t believe it. He shook the paper in his hand, “15 out of the 50 words are blank, this is your best?”

Lu YunFei said softly, “Wasn’t it because I just couldn't remember them?”

“Did you really memorize the words after school?” Bian JinYuan asked suspiciously.

Lu YunFei nodded furiously, “I did memorize them, how could I not? Do I not have a measure of my English level?”

Bian JinYuan had a headache. This was the first time he had encountered a situation like Lu YunFei, and he didn’t know what to say.

Bian JinYuan took out his red gel pen. Lu YunFei immediately turned his head the other way, unable to face the rain of red directly, and was even more fearful of the gloomy results.

Very soon, the marks were calculated.

Bian JinYuan patted his desk mate. Lu YunFei looked at him in trepidation.