Chapter 12

Chapter 012 - I’m Treating You To A Drink

Shuang Shuang the little friend was not pestering the red Tmall Genie to tell him stories today. He was eyeing the strawberry cake which Bian JinYuan had brought home.

“This is for you,” Bian JinYuan handed the cake to him. Shuang Shuang quickly took it with his little hands as he eyed the strawberries on the cake.

Bian JinYuan ruffled his hair, and then placed another cake on the table in front of Bian Jie, “There were a few cakes leftover from today, so Liu jie let everyone split them to take home. I got two slices. It’s just nice that small aunt you and Shuang Shuang have a slice each.”

Bian Jie waved her hands and said, “You eat it, I don't feel like eating.”

“I don’t like sweet stuff,” Bian JinYuan said as he opened the box for her, and took the box from Shuang Shuang’s hands to open that as well, “Shuang Shuang, come feed your mum.”

Hearing this, Shuang Shuang obediently scooped a strawberry up with a spoon and raised a fork to run around half the table to Bian Jie, “Mummy, eat a strawberry.”

Bian Jie smiled and said that she wasn’t eating.
But Shuang Shuang persisted, “Mummy, eat a strawberry.”

Bian Jie had no other choice than to bite off the strawberry which was sticking out at the top of his fork.

Shuang Shuang’s eyes were round as he asked her, “Is it delicious?”

“It’s delicious,” Bian Jie nodded.

Shuang Shuang licked the fork and raised his head to look at Bian JinYuan, as if to ask for permission to eat.

Bian JinYuan smiled and said, “Go eat. You can eat both slices, just remember to share with mummy.”

Shuang Shuang happily shouted, “Thank you, gege,” and raised his fork to run back to where the cakes were. He carefully pierced another strawberry and closed his eyes as he chewed, a look of enjoyment on his face.

Lu YunFei watched him and thought that he was pretty cute.

Bian JinYuan didn’t eat the cake. When Shuang Shuang raised a fork to feed him, he gently rubbed his didi’s head as he told him to feed Bian Jie instead. He really wasn’t keen on sweet food. Furthermore, there weren’t many chances to eat cake with their current family situation, so Bian JinYuan thought to leave them to those who liked them.

Lu YunFei looked at him and thought that he didn't partake because he felt sorry for his didi and small aunt. From the past few nights spent at Bian JinYuan’s house, it was apparent that Bian JinYuan was the pillar of this household. He had to protect his small aunt from the bullying of unsavoury relatives and also had to look after his didi. He wasn’t an adult yet, but his responsibilities were not small.

But no problem, Lu YunFei thought, it’s just cake. He would buy a large cake tomorrow and let Bian JinYuan have a taste.

Bian JinYuan was writing his English papers when he suddenly sneezed.

Shuang Shuang jumped in surprise and asked, “Gege you caught a cold?”

Bian JinYuan smiled and shook his head, “It’s probably someone scolding me.”

“Why would they scold you?” Shuang Shuang didn’t understand.

Bian JinYuan looked at the English paper under his pen and said softly, “Probably because I made him memorise words.”

“What is memorize words?”

Bian JinYuan looked at him and was silent for a while, “When you go to school next year, you’ll also have to start memorizing vocabulary.”