Chapter 34

Chapter 34 - Lu YunFei was The First and The Only One

Lu YunFei snorted disparagingly, "Who accompanies you through the night? Who sings songs for you? Who reminds you to sleep early everyday? I treat you so well, yet you still want another Tmall Genie! Just because he can speak English?! Craving foreign novelty! Why don't you just buy the English edition of Tmall Genie then!"

Bian JinYuan who had inexplicably been accused of craving foreign novelty, “......”

“Hmpf, the moon overseas is rounder huh? The Tmall Genie which can speak foreign languages is also better huh?”

"Of course not."

"It's not but you still want to buy it! Are you already eyeing one?! Is it your birthday present?!"

Bian JinYuan had never thought that the Tmall Genies these days could be so passionately jealous. Of course, it's artificial intelligence, so perhaps its ‘intelligence’ enabled it to understand that after buying a new one, the old one would be discarded.

"I was just teasing you, I don't intend to buy a second one, don't worry."

Lu YunFei looked at him sardonically, "Every scum who cheats always says that."

Bian JinYuan said helplessly, "You seem to know a lot about it."

"I'm supported by big data."

"Big data represents information on the majority. There are individuals outside of the common."

Lu YunFei, "Heh."

Bian JinYuan was tickled into laughter by this mechanical ‘heh’, and asked, "You don't believe me? This is the philosophical discussion of individuality and universality."

Enough! You're trying to talk philosophy to a Tmall Genie, do you think that's appropriate?! And! You're a Science major! Why is a Science student discussing Philosophy? If you have time why don't you think more about Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry?!

Lu YunFei continued, “Heh heh.”

Hearing his 'heh's, Bian JinYuan remembered the last time when the Tmall Genie threw a tantrum, where it 'heh heh'-ed until it went into hibernation mode, and only got along with him the next day. It seemed quite troublesome for an artificial intelligent device to throw tantrums.

"Stop with the 'heh heh's. Tell me, what would make you believe me?"

Lu YunFei immediately shot back, "You tell me, what do you want for your birthday?"

"It's not like you can conjure anything that I want."

"I still want to know," Lu YunFei said, and then purposefully mimicked the Tmall Genie from his home, "I care about you."

Bian JinYuan never thought that it would turn from being angry in one moment to gentle and caring the next. He thought that even though his Tmall Genie had issues with its language settings, its personality was quite adorable.

"I don't have anything that I want."

"How could that be?"

"Not everyone wants presents," Bian JinYuan said softly, "At least I don't."

This was the first time that Lu YunFei knew of anyone not wanting anything for their birthday. For a moment, he didn't know what to say.

It was Bian JinYuan who rubbed the top of the little box, and Lu YunFei felt almost as if his head was being rubbed, "Have you stopped being angry?"

"Are you still thinking of looking for a mistress?"

"I have never once thought of that."

He had merely wondered about the possibility where two artificial intelligent devices would hold a conversation.