Chapter 73

Chapter 73 - His Feelings Were His To Convey, And Not For Someone Else To Say!

It was a good day, with the sunlight shining warmly on them. Lu YunFei leaned against the tree as he memorized vocabulary, memorizing and memorizing until he felt tired. He rubbed his eyes and said to Bian JinYuan, “Bian Bian, I’ll take a short nap.”

Saying so, he slept against the tree.

Bian JinYuan saw how he had fallen asleep in a span of a few words, and couldn’t take his gaze off him for a while.

Lu YunFei’s face was lit in spots where the dappled shade let the sunlight through, a picture of serenity. As he looked at him, Lu YunFei’s head tilted to one side. Bian JinYuan quickly brought his shoulder over for him to lean on before he jolted himself awake.

Lu YunFei’s head was thus planted on his shoulder. He frowned, but didn’t wake. Bian JinYuan looked on as his mouth slowly curled into a smile.

As Lu YunFei napped, Bian JinYuan continued reading.

It was only when the physical education teacher blew the whistle to get the class to gather back together that Bian JinYuan nudged Lu YunFei awake.

Lu YunFei rubbed his eyes blearily, his mind still slightly fuzzy. He stood up and walked with Bian JinYuan to the assembly point, rubbing his forehead as he did so.

“It’s so warm, do I have a bit of a fever?” Lu YunFei said as he pulled Bian JinYuan’s hand to his forehead.

At the touch, Bian JinYuan sensitively felt the warmth. He touched his own forehead and determined that Lu YunFei’s forehead was indeed warmer than his.

“Go get it checked out at the infirmary,” Bian JinYuan said.

Lu YunFei nodded.

The both of them headed to the infirmary after class ended. Along with them was the third wheel, classmate Li YuanQing.

The school doctor took his temperature, looked at the thermometer, and advised, “It’s a low grade fever, you’ll just have to take some medicine.”

Lu YunFei still felt a little sleepy and asked her, “Could I sleep here after taking the medicine?”

“Sure,” The school doctor said kindly, “If you still feel uncomfortable after your nap, do take the rest of the day off to go home.”

Lu YunFei nodded and went to Bian JinYuan and Li YuanQing to say, “You guys head back. I’ll rest here for a while.”

In acquiescence, Bian JinYuan said, “I’ll come back after class to see you,” and left with Li YuanQing.

Lu YunFei ate his medicine and removed his shoes to lie on the bed. The school doctor covered him with a thin blanket and said gently, “Rest well, you’ll be fine after sweating it out a bit.”

Lu YunFei closed his eyes and entered dreamland.

Bian JinYuan saw that Lu YunFei was still fast asleep when he went back to the infirmary after school. Lu YunFei’s face and body were damp with perspiration. Seeing this, Bian JinYuan borrowed a small tub and a towel from the school doctor and went to fetch water.

“This is your younger brother?” The school doctor asked in curiosity at Bian JinYuan’s busying.

“No, a friend.”

Are the friendships between boys so thoughtful nowadays? The middle-aged school doctor felt that she couldn’t keep up with the times. However, while a close relationship is admirable… she looked at the time and asked, “Aren’t you going to class?”