Chapter 49

Chapter 49 - Bian JinYuan Reached Out to Hold His Hand

The department head also knew of Lu YunFei, firstly because his subject biases were well-known in school, secondly because he was a popular person, and thirdly because of the Lu family.

As the best high school in X City, First High was the ideal school for students in the province. It was thus that the wealthy second generation students in First High only increased and never decreased. At the beginning of each school year, the principal would remind the year one teachers to generally not be too calculative with these wealthy second generation, and to give them some face.

To the principal of First High, these wealthy and powerful parents sent their children to this school and, similarly to normal families, didn’t interfere with their education and allowed the school to educate their children. In this aspect, he was willing to sincerely educate them, occasionally closing an eye to things. After all, the more powerful the person, the more they cherished their face.

They gave First High face, and so First High was willing to give the other party face. It was a virtuous cycle, and so First High’s advancement put it in the top of other schools.

Zhang YanRong was not only the English head, but this time she had been overly stubborn. The department head was actually more inclined to believe in his innocence until proven guilty and pretend like nothing had happened. After all, on the matter of cheating, the teacher only has to make a claim. However, the student’s burden was much heavier.

“Then, Teacher Zhang please retrieve the paper,” the department head said.

Zhang YanRong stood up and left the room to head towards the staff office.

Lu YunFei sat quietly. The department head looked at him and then at Li Li, “Teacher Li you can go back to prepare for class too.”

“Okay,” Li Li stood up and said before she left, “Department head, I still stand by what I said. I was the one who had asked Lu YunFei to look for me at the staff office, but it was only because you had something to discuss with me, so I had gone over to you. He hadn’t gone to the staff office without reason. I was also the one who arranged for Bian JinYuan to be his deskmate in order to raise his score. 24 marks seems like a vast improvement, but all teachers understand that it’s very easy to jump from failing to passing because the potential for improvement is great. So even if Lu YunFei isn’t able to score 86 in this retest, I think that his score is not an issue.”

“I understand,” The department head nodded.

Li Li looked at Lu YunFei, “Good luck answering the questions, don’t worry and relax.”

“I understand, don’t worry Teacher Li.”

Li Li saw that his attitude seemed good and left.

The Chemistry teacher for class one, Xiao Jin, was a young and thin man. With a pair of gold-rimmed glasses, he looked severe, but was actually someone approachable.

“We’ll be going over the exam paper for today’s class, which should have been returned to you. This time, our class did very well, with two students who scored full marks. Our Lu YunFei finally stopped making careless mistakes and no longer scored 98 or 99, but 100 marks. Lu…” He raised his head to look in Lu YunFei’s direction to find that he wasn’t in his seat.

“Where is he? Is he skipping class because he scored full marks?”

The class erupted in laughter, and the class representative raised his hand and said, “The department head wanted to talk to him, he hasn’t come back yet.”

Hearing this, Xiao Jin recalled that when he had returned from the toilet two classes ago and was about to enter the staff room, the Physics Teacher had stopped him.