Chapter 74

Chapter 74 - “I Like You,” Bian JinYuan Said.

Bian JinYuan considered this for a moment and said, “The weekend then.”

This way, he would be able to spend the entire day with Lu YunFei.

Lu YunFei naturally agreed, “Great, the weekend it is.”

“Mmm,” Bian JinYuan nodded.

Bian JinYuan’s birthday approached as the sports festival drew closer. Even though Lu YunFei had said he would celebrate his birthday on Sunday, he had still eaten a meal with him on his birthday—after his after part-time job was over.

“This is your present,” Lu YunFei handed a box to him, “As for the cake, you’ll have to wait till Sunday.”

Bian JinYuan opened the box to find a phone.

He had been using his current phone for the past four years. Over the years, the cheap phone had accrued problems. It was a good thing that Bian JinYuan didn’t play mobile games. He usually used it to watch videos, check his WeChat, or search for information, and so it was still usable.

However, being usable and being good to use were two very different matters.

Lu YunFei had wanted to change out his phone long ago, but the value of a phone wasn’t easy to cover up. Bian JinYuan would be able to easily look up the price of the phone online. Lu YunFei had wanted to buy him a good model, yet was afraid that he wouldn’t accept it. That was why he had waited till now to gift one to him.

“Keep it. This way we could play games together.”

Bian JinYuan looked at the phone in the box, and then at him.

Lu YunFei was afraid that he wouldn’t accept it, and said gently, “Keep it. Don’t you want to play games together?”

He wanted to, but…

As Bian JinYuan pondered, he heard a male voice call out brightly, “Lu YunFei.”

Lu YunFei looked up to find that it was Dai HanSen.

Similar to the previous year, they had a birthday meal at the school canteen. However, what differed from last year was that they didn’t have málà hotpot this time.

Dai HanSen walked over and spotted the phone on the table, “Whoa, new model?”

Bian JinYuan silently closed the box and put it away.

Seeing this, Dai HanSen guessed that the phone was an important clue. Bian JinYuan would definitely not have bought such a new model, which meant that this was very likely to be a gift from Lu YunFei. And if Lu YunFei chose to gift it to him today, it meant that this date was an important day to Bian JinYuan.

Dai HanSen had initially wanted to speak to Lu YunFei about Bian JinYuan during the sports festival. However, since they were already here, he felt that it was a good day for him to seize the chance. After all, didn’t Bian JinYuan accept Lu YunFei’s gift just now?

Such a happy occasion ought to be followed by a sorrowful event.

And so he walked forward and took a seat beside Lu YunFei.

Lu YunFei asked perplexedly, “You’re here for something?”

“Of course,” Dai HanSen glanced at Bian JinYuan.

Unexpectedly, Bian JinYuan remained calm, almost as if what he was about to say had no effect on him at all.

Dai HanSen scoffed inwardly and thought: Continue your act then.