Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - If the Top Student Can Be Counted On, Then Sows Can Climb Trees

On the last day of the national day holiday, Lu YunFei rejected Wen MingYi’s invitation to have a meal and also rejected Li YuanQing’s invite to play games. He concentrated on revising English at home, hoping that when he died, at least he would die with some grace.

As the saying goes, whatever is most feared to occur would happen. Lu YunFei looked at the paper that Bian JinYuan had handed to him.

He thought, I’m doomed, I’m definitely doomed this time.

He spent two lessons worth of time to finish the paper before handing it back to Bian JinYuan.

Bian JinYuan very considerately asked, “Do you need me to use a red pen to mark this?”

Lu YunFei felt that he was simply trying to make things difficult for him!

“No, there’s no need.”

Bian JinYuan understood.

He took the paper and examined it carefully, while Lu YunFei observed his micro-expressions. It was too bad that Bian JinYuan had a natural poker face. Lu YunFei peered at him so long, yet he couldn’t decipher what he was thinking.

After a while, Bian JinYuan finally looked away from the paper and directed his gaze at Lu YunFei.

Lu YunFei smiled at him in embarrassment, “I failed, didn’t I?”

“You’ve got a firm grasp of your abilities.”

“It’s been a long time since I’ve gained awareness of my skills.”

Bian JinYuan felt that his words held a tinge of regret. “It’s okay, you’ll get there slowly but surely,” He said.

Lu YunFei sighed, “If only it were that easy. I’ve had English tutors since elementary school, and while I had spark of triumph in middle school, ever since high school I’ve dropped to the depths of the bottom. Sigh, it’s really hard.”

Bian JinYuan kept the paper and said, “Go slowly and grasp the correct method, and you will surely rise up.”

After he said that, he started working on his Mathematics paper. Lu YunFei looked at him and thought, so that’s it? Was it really just to get a feel for his level? Shouldn’t he take the opportunity to customize a set of mock questions? That was it?

“Hey, Teacher Bian,” Lu YunFei poked him with his pen, “Do you have anything else to say?”

Bian JinYuan shook his head.

Lu YunFei was shocked, he had thought that Bian JinYuan would help him with his tutoring! In the end after all that fuss, he had only just gotten a feel of his level. Regarding all the frills which he had said yesterday, he was simply playing with his feelings!

Lu YunFei felt cheated. Scum, Bian JinYuan was such a scum! Lu YunFei huffily took out his Mathematics paper to work on it too.

In the afternoon, Bian JinYuan left the classroom early as usual to go to his part-time work. Lu YunFei, Li YuanQing, and Wen MingYi went out to eat.

Li YuanQing complained the entire way, “You don’t know just how badly my National Day went! My mum didn’t allow the aunty to make me food, I had to cook for myself.”

“Then just cook for yourself,” Lu YunFei said.

“Wow, Master Lu says it so breezily. Can you cook for yourself?”

Lu YunFei looked at him, “I can’t, but I have an aunty.”

“So you starved for three days?” Wen MingYi asked.