Chapter 58

Chapter 58 - Teacher Bian, Why Don’t You Let Me Stay Over Tonight?

During the New Year, Liu Mo gave all her staff a red packet, treating it as a year-end bonus. She gave Bian JinYuan the largest red packet—6666, and hoped that this amount would help him have a better New Year.

Bian JinYuan found this amount too alarming, and felt that he didn’t deserve it. Liu Mo laughingly remarked, “Xiao Bian has to come to work next year, otherwise the girls coming here for you won’t visit anymore and we’ll lose business.”

Bian JinYuan nodded his head and said, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Mother Lu had also given him a red packet, “Happy new year Teacher Xiao Bian, thank you for your hard work. I hope that you will continue to tutor Xiao Fei.”

“Auntie you’re very nice,” Bian JinYuan said politely.

Lu YunFei helped him go store his red packet in his bag, and also brought over several new year goodies, “Take these home to eat, these are goodies given to us by others and we can’t finish them. They’d spoil if we just leave them be. It’s just nice that you could take them instead, then you don’t have to buy them.”

Bian JinYuan didn’t reject them and bid his goodbye.

Uncle Li sent him to the train station, and Bian JinYuan carried the bags home. Bian Jie wasn’t home, and Shuang Shuang had gone to a friend’s house, so Bian JinYuan didn’t have anything to do. He opened his bag to find the red packet.

He opened the red packet to find a card and a note.

The note said:【 Teacher Xiao Bian, the password is Fei Fei’s birthday and age. Thank you for your help this semester. His youth has become more vibrant because of you. Please accept this. 】

A smiley face was drawn on the back.

Bian JinYuan looked at it in silence for a long time.

He asked Lu YunFei, “Did you know that your mother gave me a card?”

Lu YunFei replied, “I know. You deserve it. If it were up to me, I’d have given you a gold bar.”

Bian JinYuan, “...…”

Bian JinYuan said, “It’s too much.”

Soon after, he received Lu YunFei’s reply, “Not too much. You have to know that you’re a priceless treasure.”

Bian JinYuan didn’t know what to say at that moment.

In all his years, he had never heard someone say these words to him.

Even though his mother or Bian Jie had bever been stingy with their expressions and were always able to make him feel their love and care, they were adults after all and wouldn’t say such mushy words. They were down to earth and mature.

Lu YunFei was different. He was carefree, like a horse galloping in the sky.

“To you?” Bian JinYuan asked.

Lu YunFei’s answer was absolute, without a shred of doubt. He said plainly, “That’s right.”

Bian JinYuan looked at the message and couldn’t help but smile.

Later on, he checked the amount of money in his card to find that it was a reasonable amount, a solid 30,000. Bian JinYuan stood at the ATM machine for a while, before withdrawing the money.

When Bian Jie heard that he had returned the remainder of the debt to Jiang Jian and Jiang Fang, she exclaimed in surprise, “Where did you get that much money from?”