Chapter 1: Fight on the track

Penelope POV

"Lights out and away we go!" The announcement says. I sat on a chair in the garage for McLaren. Everyone was surprised to see me in this garage instead of the Redbull garage. Well, that's what happens when your husband lay eyes on another woman.

Max Verstappen and I were married for 3 years and he threw it all away for Kelly Piquet. And to spite him I also slept with someone else. I'm not very proud of my behavior and I didn't feel good for doing it but ever since that night, I haven't stopped thinking about this guy. I hope I never have to tell my brother who the baby's dad is because he would kill us both.

I watched the screen with my thumb in my mouth, chewing my nail. It's the first race of the season and I'm excited to see what lies ahead. Max is in the lead with Lando right behind him. Carlos took third place and Charles in fourth place.

During the 6th lap, Lando and Max crashed into each other but Lando's car didn't have that much damage. Max, however, had to retire due to engine failure. Serves him right. Lando fell behind so now it was Carlos in first place, Charles in second place and George in third place.

In the last lap, Lando surprised us all when he took first place on the podium. Carlos took second place and George took third place.

They sent Lando, Carlos and George to the cool down room. I used my tag to enter and they let me through. "Little brother! You did it!" I exclaimed as I tackled him in a hug. "Thanks Penny. I appreciate it. I wouldn't have done it without you support," Lando said and I smiled at him. "Congrats guys. You did great out there. I'm proud of you," I said and gave them a hug. The hug with Carlos held so many emotions and I was afraid that the other two would notice but luckily they didn't. "Meet me in the hallway in 2 minutes. I have to tell you something," I whispered into his ear while I gave him a hug.

"Okay guys. I just came to congratulate you so I'm leaving now. I'll see you later," I said and left the room after waving goodbye.

I waited around the corner, waiting for Carlos but he didn't show up. After waiting a few minutes more, I decided to leave. Why didn't he show up?

As I got back to the McLaren garage, I saw Lando, Carlos and George make their way to the podium stand. I walked over to the front of the barricades so I can have a clear view of what's happening.

They handed over the trophies and Lando motioned for me to come join then up on the podium. The one security guard helped me climb over the barricade and I made my way over to Lando. I saw Carlos smile at me but I just ignored him. Lando handed me the trophy and put me up on his shoulders. "Oof. You're getting really heavy," he commented. You don't wanna know why. I said to myself. I held the trophy up in the air and cheered.

After I got down from Lando's shoulders, I made my way back to the garage to collect my stuff. As I was about to leave, someone got hold of my arm and it caused me to bump into the person. Carlos.

"What do you want, Carlos?" I asked. "I'm sorry about earlier. Lando asked me something and I couldn't say no," he replied and tried to kiss me but I broke free from his hold. "I don't care about any of that. I needed to tell you something important and you left me waiting for you," I said and tried to walk away but he pulled me back and my back collided with his front. "Hermosa. Please don't be mad at me. I like it when you're feisty but I don't like that you're mad at me. Tell me, what did you wanna tell me?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant," I finally said the words. For a few seconds there was absolute silence but then he finally spoke. "That's wonderful news. I'm so happy right now," he said and kissed me with passion. "No it's not, what will Lando say when he finds out. I don't wanna disappoint him," I said truthfully.

"Don't worry about what others say, mi amor. As long as we love each other than nothing can go wrong," Carlos said. "I hope you're right about that," I said. He kneeled in front of me and kissed my belly. "Now that I know you exist, I'm gonna love you forever. And your mommy too. I love the both of you so much," he said.

"Excuse me. What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I heard Lando's voice. Carlos stood up straight and looked at Lando with nothing to say. Both us were caught red-handed. "I asked you a question Penny!" Lando screamed. "Hey! You won't talk to her like that," Carlos warned as he pointed a finger at Lando. "You won't tell you how to talk to MY sister. Your work is to explain why you two were being so cozy with each other. You got her pregnant and if you think that's fine then you're terribly wrong!" Lando said. His eyes full of rage.

"Lando, calm down," Carlos said as Lando came closer. He grabbed my arm and started to walk out of the garage but Carlos stood in front of him. "You can't control her forever. She has a life of her own. Why can't you just be happy for us?" Carlos asked.

Lando just snorted and next thing I know, Carlos is on the floor with blood rushing out of his nose. "Lando stop it," I said and grabbed his arm. This caused me to fall to the ground. Carlos ran over to me to help me up.

"You don't exist to me anymore. If you wanna get your hopes up like you did with Max, I won't be here to fix your broken heart again," Lando said and left the garage.

"You're making a big mistake Lando. She's your own flesh and blood," Carlos said. By now, the drivers gathered in front of the McLaren garage to see what's going on. George came over and hugged me. "I'll go see if I can calm him down. Just stay here for now," he said before running out.

"Mi Amor. Are you okay?" Carlos asked me. "No, I'm not. I told you he wouldn't take it well but you didn't listen to me," I cried. Max approached us. "Penny, can I talk to you real quick?" he asked. I nodded. Carlos stood up and left to wash away his blood. "I'm sorry for the way things ended between us. I wish I treated you better than I did. I hope someday you can forgive me," he said. "Max, holding grudges isn't my thing. I won't lie. When I saw you in bed with Kelly, I hated you for cheating but then I went and slept with Carlos. I fell in love with him and look where that got me," I said.

"Don't worry. I know Carlos loves you very much. He won't let anything happen to you. He gave you what I couldn't," Max said. I smiled and hugged him. "Thanks Max. I needed to hear that," I replied. "No problem," he replied and walked over to Lewis.

"I'm glad you and Max get along now," Carlos said and kissed me. "Yeah, I don't like holding grudges. He told me that you and I should be happy. He also told me that he can see you love me very much," I said. "He got that right. I love you so damn much. And this little peanut inside of you," he said and hugged me.

This is my new story. I'm not gonna say much. Give it a try. For every chapter I want 10 reads before I upload the next