Chapter 2: The move

Penelope POV

I walked into Lando's house. Carlos brought me here to get my stuff so I could move in with him. All that could be heard was the clock's ticking. I walked into the kitchen to see stuff everywhere on the floor. "Oh my God," I whispered. "Lando!" I called out but got no response. I walked up the stairs and into his bedroom. I saw him sitting on the floor with a bottle of alcohol in his hands. I walked over to him and touched his shoulder. He jumped a bit and looked at me. "What happened to you?" I asked. "I got drunk. What does it look like? You don't care about me. Luisa doesn't love me enough to come to my races. Mom thinks I'm a failure and Dad disowned me. You were all I had left, Penny," I cried. I took him in my arms and let him cry. "Lando, I'm always here. You are my little brother and I love you so so so much. I don't like seeing you cry like this. It breaks my heart," I said and cried with him.

"I'm sorry about what I said at the track. I didn't mean any of it. I just don't wanna see you get hurt again," he replied. "I won't let it happen again. I know Carlos loves me," I said. He hugged me and sniffed. "I'm so so so incredibly very sorry," Lando apologized.

"I'm assuming you made up?" Carlos asked as he came into the room. I looked at him with a smile and nodded. "So you won't move out?" he asked. I looked at Lando but he shook his head. "You deserve happiness. Go with Carlos," he said. I kissed his temple and stood up.

"I'm always here for you little brother. Remember that," I said and walked out of his room. "I'm glad you guys made up. I've only seen you guys fight once and I don't like it. It makes me sad that you're upset," he said as we walked jnto my room. "Thanks for having my back. I appreciate it so much," I said. We packed all my clothes and left the house after I said goodbye to Lando.

We arrived at Carlos' house and got out of the car. "Go inside. I'll get your bags," he said. "No, I'm gonna help you. It's my bags after all," I said. "No. Go inside. Little Sainz needs her rest," he said with a smile. "How can you be so sure that it's gonna be a girl?" I asked. "Fatherly instinct," he said.

I walked inside and sat on the couch. Not long after, Carlos came inside, soaking wet. "What the hell happened to you?" I asked. "It's raining cats and dogs outside. Didn't you notice?" he asked. I shook my head and stood up.

"What do you wanna eat for dinner?" Carlos asked. "I haven't even thought about dinner. What should I make for us?" I asked. "Nothing. I'm making dinner and you're resting. You had a long day," he said. I opened my mouth to protest but closed it when he pointed his finger and moved it from side to side.

I took a seat on one of the barstools in the kitchen at the island. "Next week we have a race in Spain. Are you coming with me?" he asked. "Of course I'm coming with. I have to support the best team that exists," I said. "God, I love you," he said and kissed me over the counter. "I love you too," I said.

He dropped the spoon and looked at me. "Did you just say that you love me?" he asked. "Of course I did and I mean it," I said. "I am the luckiest man alive," he said and smiled.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" I asked. He thought for a moment before replying. "By coming here with the excuse that Lando sent you. And look where we are now. Four months later we're expecting a baby. We're in love and we live together," he said.

After a while, we ate dinner and washed the dishes. "Wanna watch a movie?" Carlos asked. "No I'm just gonna go shower and go to bed. Is that okay?" I asked. "You don't have to ask to do anything. It's your home. Feel free to do whatever you please," he replied and walked with me to our bedroom.

After I showered, I walked into the bedroom to see Carlos already in bed so I got into the bed beside him and switched off lamp. Carlos did the same. The room was now dark so I couldn't see anything. I turned around so I could be against him to feel the heat because I was freezing.

"Are you cold, mi amor?" Carlos asked. "Yes," I replied. He held me tight against his body. And with that, we fell asleep.

The next week we just stayed home. Carlos went for his usual morning run everyday and I made breakfast for when he returned. It's now Wednesday. The day we leave for Spain. I packed our stuff so Carlos didn't have to do it when he came back from his run.

I was almost done when I heard the door open and close. A few seconds later, he came into the room. "What did I tell you about doing to much work?" he asked with a laugh. "I know but I can't sit around doing nothing," I said. "Okay amor. Whatever you wish," he said and held me by my waist and I had my arms around his neck.

"We need to get ready for our flight, otherwise we're gonna be late," I said. He sighed and pouted. "Can't we just cuddle a bit more on the couch?" he asked.

I shook my head and went to take a shower. After I was done, its was his turn. I got dressed into something comfortable.

After Carlos finished getting ready, we left for the airport. We arrived at the airport and made it just in time for our flight. Once we were inside the plane, I got a pain in my chest and I saw myself crying at a hospital bed. "What's wrong, Mi Amor?" Carlos asked. "I just got a bad feeling that something is gonna happen," I said. "Nothing's gonna happen while you're with me," he said and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks love. I love you so much," I said and kissed him.

Thanks soooooo much for 17 reads. I love you guys so much. Don't forget to vote.