Chapter 3: The second race

Penelope POV

We landed about an hour ago in Spain. Right now we're on our way to Carlos' home here in Spain. It's about 2 and a half hours of driving. And we have to be there by night-time because Carlos has a meeting at 8 with the McLaren team. Lando is on the next flight to Spain so he can't make the meeting, so they will be having a meeting over zoom.

I dozed off for a bit, but was awoken by Carlos saying that we had arrived. This house was massive. "Is this your house?" I asked with curiosity. "It's ours," he said and kissed me.

We walked inside with our luggage and as I entered the house, I was completely amazed with the interior decor. It had a rustic look to it and I loved it. "I love the rustic look. It has a homey feeling to it," I commented.

"Lando said the same thing when he first saw it," Carlos replied. "Oh did he?" I said. He took our bags upstairs and I followed behind him. This is a dream come true.

"Amor, you can walk around the house if you feel like doing so. Make yourself at home. I have the meeting in a couple of minutes but I promise you that whe I finish, I'll be with you immediately," he said and kissed my temple. "Okay my love. Should I order in or what do you want for dinner?" I asked. "You can order a pizza for me and get yourself whatever you want on my treat," he said and grabbed his tablet before getting on the bed. I grabbed my phone to see which place is the closest to us so it won't take that long.

After I put in the order, I walked around the house to have a closer look at everything. Carlos and I haven't been together for that long so I haven't met his family yet. It seems that he is a real family men when I look at the pictures on the wall.

Half an hour later, I heard him coming downstairs. I was watching a movie. Moana to be precise. I have an obsession with animation movies. Don't ask me why. "The food should be here in a few minutes," I said and paused the movie. "Thank goodness because I'm dying of hunger," he said. "How was the meeting?" I asked. "Same as always. They talked about how we can improve our skills and all that crap. It was really boring. I'd rather spend the time with you," he said and sat beside me with his hand on my leg.

At that moment, a thought crossed my mind but I didn't like it very much. "What's on your mind?" he asked. "Not much. I just have a question for you," I said. "You can ask me anything," he replied. "Would you have loved me if I didn't tell you that I was pregnant?" I asked.

He looked at me with worry. "What makes you think that? Of course I would still love you. Ever since I met you for the first time, I liked you. After that amazing night we had, I fell in love with you because you showed your true self to me. I love you because you are an amazing woman. You have a big heart. You put other's happiness before your own. Your feisty personality makes me go crazy for you. You carry my child inside of you. If I didn't love you, I would've told you to leave that morning after we made love. But I didn't," he said.

By now, I had tears in my eyes because of what he said. "Thanks for being there for me through everything. Thanks for loving me and thanks for everything you do for me and our baby," I said and hugged him.

"It's all because I care for you and because I love you. I can't see myself loving anyone else but you," he said. "You better because I'll have Lando and George skin you alive," I replied with a smile. "I know you're joking so come here," he said and held me close to him.

Carlos POV

After I pulled Penny close to me, it only took a few minutes for her to fall asleep. Poor thing must've been tired. The doorbell rang and I gently put her down so she could lay down on the couch.

I opened the door to see the delivery guy standing there. I paid for the food and he left so I closed the door and put the food down on the table after I sat back down on the couch.

I ate my pizza and put her food in the microwave. I'm not gonna wake her up now or I'll be dead. In that category she and Lando are the same. They don't like being waken up without a good reason or for something not important. I woke him up one day and he chased me all through the hotel that we were staying at.

I carried her up the stairs and put her down in the bed. After that, I covered her with the duvet. I got in next to her and held her tight.

The next morning, we woke up and got ready for the day. Today is Quali and I'm excited. It's my home track and I need to deliver excellent results. With Penny watching me, I doubt I will do bad.

We left the house after we had breakfast. "I'm excited to see you race in you hometown. I've seen you multiple times but this time it's different," Penny said and gave my leg a squeeze. "Oh yeah. What makes it so different?" I asked. "Because this time, I'll be watching you instead of Lando and Max," she said. I smiled at her. "I don't know what I did to deserve you but you're the love of my life," I said. "And you're mine," she replied.

We arrived at the track and got out of the car. Hand in hand, we walked to the McLaren garage. Lando was already there. "Hey bro. Sorry I didn't show up last night. I stayed at a hotel because u thought that you and Penny might already be asleep and I didn't wanna wake you up," Lando spoke.

"Nah, it's all good. Don't stress to much about that. You should rather stress about me overtaking you just before the finish line," I joked. "Haha, never," he laughed.

We were told to get into our suits so quali can start. I kissed Penny and kneeled in front of her. "Daddy loves you so much. Don't ever forget that," I said and kissed her stomach. I got up and ran over to the changing rooms.

Little did I know that this was gonna be my last race for the season.