Chapter 3 (Rewrite)

As usual, I don't own Percy Jackson or any characters associated with the PJO and HoO universe. Rick Riordan fully owns that. I do, however, own the ideas I have been coming up with the create this fanfiction, and I'm hoping you enjoy it.

There's quite a bit of knowledge I reveal in this chapter, and there may be several parts of this chapter that will make you go, 'wait, what?' It's important though, even if the parts did come out a little long. Still, I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Chapter 3

Walking on Olympus, I barely notice the many majestic buildings that pass by. It has only been a few days since I was last here, which was for the duel. I am going to Hecate's palace, a place which she rarely occupies. She usually stays in the underworld, but has been here for the past days, studying the magic I placed into the earring.

She contacted me an hour ago, wanting to know if we could meet. I instantly agreed. I offered to come to her palace after she suggested I could come here, or that she could meet me in camp at her cabin.

My response was instant for a reason, other than for the instinct we should be alone when talking. I don't know why it was instinct, but as it was, I know it is for the best. Besides, other than instinct, there is something happening in both camps. I have noticed it the past few days, as it's gotten more noticeable over this time.

I remember the conversation with Triton, and it is like my worries are slowly drawing closer.

It is strange - and I don't mean the strange that always follows me around. It involves the campers, and their attitudes. To others, not much has changed. To me, however, I notice it all. The reason I am noticing this is I have made it my duty to keep an eye on everyone - it's how I know about a quarter of demigods still hate the gods, even if it is slowly lessening.

It began with the increasing stares of demigods. They have been unsure and confused, though some are slowly morphing into glares. Some are distrustful. It is weird, and it's only been increasing over the past few days - since the friendly duel I had with my father.

Then I began to overhear the whispers. I have yet to hear any names, and as soon as they notice me near, they immediately stop speaking. It makes me suspicious. I have partially overheard a conversation, and it made me more worried.

There are some whispers arising; about how powerful I am. About how dangerous I could be for someone to get on the wrong side of, how dangerous an enemy I could become. Usually, I'd just laugh these whispers off, as someone trying to scare their friends, but there is more to this. It is deeper, and it is targeting their trust in me.

It really is making my previous thoughts echo, about someone trying to discredit me, but there seems to be more happening.

On my way up here, I decided to stay as unnoticeable as possible. I stuck to the side routes of Olympus, staying off the main roads. It's not that I don't want anyone to know I am here, on Olympus; it is quite the opposite.

I don't want to be stopped constantly. Yet, even when I do my best to go unnoticed, I am seen. There are always individuals on Olympus, and they mainly gather near the main streets.

Olympus is always busy, year round; and even more so on the two Solstices. On those days, it is usually nymphs and dryads out on the street, making preparations for the gods and goddesses to come out of the main building. Apparently, most days, the end turns into a massive party - even when the meetings didn't accomplish anything.

On my way through the streets, my steps taken quickly, I manage to keep any conversations brief; especially when Hecate's Palace comes into view.

Its power is the most significant emitted.