Chapter 6

I don't own Percy Jackson

Percy's pov

It's been a week since I told everyone what I found out. I know that they would have been freaking out after everything that I said. I know that I didn't say something important, but if I told them they would just be freaking out even more. I've been trying to find the Doors of Death, but I haven't been able to yet. The doors aren't in the same place as before, so I've been looking nonstop for them.

I have been looking for the doors so much that I haven't had much time to ponder the other thing that Oceanus said, about how they have an army from space to help them; so, when I do have time, I started thinking about something that could make sense. What if our new enemy isn't on Earth, but is somewhere in the universe. That would make sense because of how I heard that they have an army from space, so the person that they are following could be an being who wants to take over not just Earth, but the entire universe.

I am about to do something that no one will expect; I'm about to sneak into Athena's private library. I know that no one would expect me to do that, so it makes it easier for me. I make sure that I have everything that I'll need and then I make myself invisible while shadow traveling into her Library.

When I get to Athena's Private Library, I just stare at how many books she has. It will take a while for me to find the books that I want. After a while I find the place where the 'D' books are. I look for a few minutes until I find a book called 'Doors of Death'. I get it out of the shelf and open it up, while I get my note book out along with a pen. I start copying some useful information about the Doors of Death down, word to word.

'The Doors of Death are the personal gateways used by the death god Thanatos, to enter and exit the Underworld. Much like how people can pass into Olympus using a magic elevator, the Doors of Death also appear as an elevator in and out of the Underworld and the Pit. However, unlike the elevator to Olympus, the Doors of Death are framed in Stygian Iron, with black and silver doors etched with art deco designs, making them a complete inversion of the Olympian doors.

The Doors of Death act as a fast passage in and out of the Underworld for Thanatos, who is in control of bringing people to the Underworld, as well as making sure that no one ever escapes as well. Also, Thanatos is able to tell where the Doors of Death are at all times, even if they are not under his control. When the Doors are not chained, they move around after use which keeps them from being found and under Thanatos' control. There is a limit to their great power, if it is exceeded it would leave a permanent tear within the mortal world allowing permanent access between the two worlds.'

I also write down what the known locations and times for the Doors of Death have been in the past, I put the book back into its place. I then look for a book in the 'P' section. After a few minutes, I find the book I'm after, it's called 'Protogenoi - also known as the Primordials'. I open up to a new page and start writing it word to word.

'The Protogenoi can also be called the Primordials. They are immortals who were the first beings to come into existence. They are the things that make up our planet Earth. So, if the Primordials never existed, the Universe and the Earth would have never existed, which would mean that we wouldn't be around today.

From the beginning, there was only an empty chasm, a great bleak darkness that was never-ending, her/his name was Khaos (Chaos). After who knows for a how long period of time, Gaea, the personification of the earth rose. Then Tartarus the Pit and Eros who was love. Following them was Erebus who was darkness and Nyx who was the night, and it continued on.

There are only 21-30 known that has ever existed, these are the ones that we know of in alphabetical order but some may be incorrect.

1. Achlys (Akhlys)– The Primordial of poisons, and the personification of misery and sadness.