Chapter 2 (rewrite)

I do not own Percy Jackson or any of the characters or scenes by the author Rick Riordan. I am merely expanding my current writing skills.

If you see any mistakes in this chapter, let me know. I've been in a rush to get it out, and decided to just use autocorrect this time. I always go through the chapters myself, but I don't have an hour or two of spare time. I'll go through the chapter again in a week's time to get any mistakes.

Chapter 2

Percy's POV

It doesn't seem to take that long before it is my eighteenth birthday. Time seems to fly by at incredible speeds, and the aftermath of the war lessens by the day. We will always feel it, those of us who survived, but it isn't impacting everyone as much.

Well, most people.

It still impacts me greatly. It is usually in my dreams the memories reawaken, making me relive the events every night. It has been tapping off the past year, the true severity of the events, but it is still painful. I do not even talk about what happened in the Pit, even with Annabeth or Nico, as it worsens the nights. They don't talk about those days either.

I have noticed some of the immortals watching us all closely, mainly the three of us who survived that place, in worry. I think my father may have shared a thing or two I said about that place, as I had to get through a terribly irritating checkup by Apollo only a few days later. Both Annabeth and Nico had some as extreme as mine, but I do know he, and a few of the other gods and goddesses of healing and stuff, checked up on everyone. That day was a surprise, and it took me nearly the entire day of avoiding Apollo to figure out he will not let up, so I let him - very grudgingly - check up on me.

I am not going to go into those events now, though it did clear up a few things I didn't know.

So, it made me decide Poseidon, or one of the other two, must have said something. Whatever was said, obviously didn't go into any detail, and seems more like a couple bare facts. I do believe it would have been my father though, up on Olympus, panicking about the fact Annabeth and I had to use Death Mist to get by. That would have gotten all the Olympians tense and worried, but they haven't actually asked anything. Well, Athena might have, to Annabeth, but I think they all decided it would be best to not pressure us.

A good thing, as I might have stabbed one of them if they did senselessly ask about that very sensitive topic.

The two camps have been going well, the Hunters of Artemis and Amazons too. Everyone has been doing their best to bring the places back to how they were before the wars, peaceful and friendly.

More cabins have been built at Camp Half-Blood, and temples at Camp Jupiter. They have been rising swiftly, and most of the cabins are done. We wouldn't have had room for everything if I hadn't said a suggestion.

With the thousands of gods and goddesses, I pointed out it would be hard to create that many. My suggestion was using magic to create smaller, one-room buildings and then to enchant them much larger on the inside. We got the gods to help with that, as we weren't entirely sure how to accomplish it, but everything has worked out. every cabin has gotten the same upgrade, even if all appear to be the same small size on the outside.

There is room for about a hundred demigods in each cabin that has been built, and each individual room has two beds. The rooms are more towards the back of the enchanted cabins, and bathroom facilities are near each room too. Then the area closest to the door you enter the cabin from is just a large space where you can hang out with siblings.

There is another building that everyone from all cabins can hang out in, if they wanted to be inside as there is always the option they could stay outside to do things.