Chapter 18

I don't own Percy Jackson or any characters you may recognise from the first two series', they belong to Rick Riordan.

So, I may have gone overboard on the bartering. You don't need to read the full section of it if you don't want to, but it will be a good idea to make sure you read the parts that aren't based on the barter, found in-between the sections. You should be able to tell the difference - especially as it is split up into three sections. Though compared to the rest of the chapter, it isn't a lot. Happy reading.

Previously on The Universal Legend:

"This design is simple but elegant." The one behind the counter studies the image. "What sort of metal would you like, depending on if you can afford it?"

"I would like both made of Tiliantor Metal." I reply and everyone's eyes in the room widen. "Give me the price. I'll pay half now and half once it has been made."

His eyes gain a gleam, telling me that this will become a barter where we have to negotiate the price, so my eyes narrow slightly - barter like we have before. 

Chapter 18

Zale's POV

Before he can say anything, I put in, "My starting price is two hundred golden drachmas."

This sets the lowest I'm willing to pay and I already know that I'm not going to pay more than five hundred golden drachmas for this – I had forgotten how expensive this metal can be.

"Mine is six hundred Golden drachmas." He replies and I can tell that we have everyone's attention as it isn't often that people gamble for this metal.

"Two hundred and twenty golden drachmas."

I know that I have to be careful. Athena only knew the smallest amount of information about the universal currency. That they use golden, silver and bronze drachmas. That isn't all to it. Two hundred bronze drachmas equal one silver. One hundred silver is equal to one golden. Luckily, this currency is easy to remember. And it is really a rip off to those who have to pay rent to keep their houses and shops when the Army of Order is around collecting rent. They should at least make it more fair – though fair isn't in the morals of the Army of Order. Because one golden drachma is equal to twenty thousand bronze drachmas. Not fair in the slightest. 

"Five hundred and sixty golden drachmas." He raises an eyebrow.

"Two hundred and forty golden drachmas." My eyes gain a slight spark to them.

"Five hundred and forty golden drachmas."

"Two hundred and sixty-five golden drachmas."

"Five hundred and ten golden drachmas."

"Two hundred and ninety golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and ninety-five drachmas."

"Three hundred golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and eighty golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and ten golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and seventy golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and twenty golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and sixty golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and thirty golden drachmas."