Chapter 8

I don't own Percy Jackson or the Heroes of Olympus, Rick Riordan does

Percy's Pov

It is my 20th birthday today. I'm going to have a day off today and have some people over. I've made sure that everything is tidy and neat. Right now, I'm just finishing of some twin swords that I have been working on for a month. After 5 minutes, I put the finishing touches on my new twin swords. The swords are black with silver and gold designs on.

I put the swords in a sheath I made, which is black and goes on my back. I am putting the sheath on the wall, when I hear a knock at the door. I get up and go to the door. I open it up and see that mum, dad (I am referring to Paul as dad now not Poseidon), Chiron, Travis, Conner, Apollo and Hestia are the ones at the door. I let them in and quickly look at the time, and see that it is just before lunch.

"Happy birthday." They sing together.

"Thank you." I reply.

"No problem. When we came in I saw you look at the time and you got a surprised look on your face, I'm guessing that you lost track of time. What were you doing, because you rarely lose track of time?" Apollo asks all in one breath.

"I was just finishing off some twin swords that I've been making for the past month." I answer.

"Can we see them Percy, the weapons that you make are always spectator." Hestia says.

"Alright." I say and blush at her words.

I go over to the wall and take the sheath down. I put the sheath on the table. I pull the swords out and pass them around. They look at them carefully then they tell me how they are one of the best swords that they have ever seen. After they have looked at the swords I put them back on the wall in the sheath.

I open lots of presents that they got me. Mum and dad got me lots of blue cookies. Apollo made me a new quiver that is enchanted to never run out and can turn into a watch, or mould into one I'm already wearing. Hestia got me a type of devise; if I ever got lost, it can lead me back home, I'll need that in the future. Chiron got me a dagger what can turn into a bead, that can go onto my old camp necklace. The Stolls got me a shield that is made with Silver, Adamantine, Imperial Gold, Celestial Bronze, Stygian Iron, and some Obsidian in; they said that the Obsidian was just used to make the designs.

"There are three more presents for you; but they are from both camps and all of the Greek/Roman gods." Apollo says.

"Okay. I'll see what they are, but I'll be checking that they don't have any trackers on first." I say.

"Okay." They say and give me the presents from the others.

I take the presents and go over to a machine that I made in my spare time. I place one in the machine and hit the 'go' button. The machine turns on and goes through. When it comes out it has a clear sign on, meaning that no one can track me with it. I do the same with the other 2 and they are also clear. I then take them over to a table.

"They are fine." I say and open the first one.

The first one is from Camp Jupiter. I see a letter fall out and I grab it and read it.

"To Percy

Happy 20th Birthday. We hope that you have a good day. We all know that you won't forgive us, but we are sorry for what we did. We want to apologise to you in person but no one will tell us where you are, we now respect that you don't want to be found. We will keep looking for you though, so that if one of us can see you, we can apologise for what we did. We are really sorry that we didn't believe you, but anyway Happy Birthday Percy. Have a great day.