13: Purely of Sweet with a Hint of Sour

"You're finally here, [F/N]."

The creak of a door breaks the silence. Light protrudes into the dark spaces of the chairman's office, shining on the faces of Takamatsu, Mayuri, Matsuri, and Shinobu. Formal, dignified expressions extend across their faces; some people would question whether the four of them always looked this serious or are in means of business. Yet [F/N] knew them all too well, the chairman had called her earlier and requested that she return to Yurigaoka as soon as possible.

"Based on your urgent call, I assume you have something important to tell me. Before we do that, I can say that I safely delivered the hard drive."

[F/N] closes the doors behind her and exhales deeply, knowing this was going to be one hell of a night.

"Good work. Now, I called you here because of some urgent news. Have a seat and we'll delve deeper into the matter."

The Science Division member heeded his words and sat on the sofa that is across from his desk, now holding eye contact with the elderly man and silently waiting for the news. Chairman Kogetsu hands Shinobu a vanilla folder, in which the third-year passes to [F/N]. She takes the folder from Shinobu and opens it to find all sorts of content–from written reports to pictures of two girls.

Confusion briefly crosses over her face as she gives a quick skim through the materials. Words like G.E.H.E.N.A and Huge are scattered throughout the reports on the two girls. Their names are not given, which is most likely a recent discovery and there was not enough time to gather any other information.