9: Your Existence Matters

"Riri... why on earth are we on the roof when we could be inside, and all of us can enjoy the pleasantries of having air conditioning?! You can trim Yuri's bangs inside, can't you?" You fanned yourself with your hand as your face is slightly slicked with sweat.

The motion alone isn't enough to cool you down, only gusts of muggy air hit your way as you continue to aerate yourself with your own forelimb.

Not only does the heat makes things worse, but the fact that it was still a dreadful morning tells you that today is going to be a very  long day. In conclusion, it just so happens to be one of those nights where sleep passes in a blink of an eye.

Your mind is plagued with vague fuzzy thoughts as Riri stutters anxiously. Her hands are uncontrollably shaking while holding a pair of scissors and slowly leveling the tool with Yuri's bangs.

"B-But Yuri-chan's bangs are getting too long! They need to be t-trimmed, and the e-earlier we do this the b-better! Although... I-I don't know if I can do this– EEP!!" The pink-haired Lily pulled her hands back after making a cut... a cut at air and not her hair. 

On the other hand, Yuri appeared to look untroubled and somewhat happy to be here. She watches Riri with unblinking eyes, stating calmly, "Calm down, Riri."

"B-But it's your bangs!"

Yuri smiles without a care in the world. "Just do it quickly so we can do morning training." She giggles as Riri begins to snip her bangs. Slowly and carefully. "That tickles..."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, your starved stomach protests loudly. The two Lilies in front of you reacted by sharing a look before giggling at your flushed face. "Did you skip breakfast again, [Y/N]-sama?"

"I– I didn't, but I guess that protein bar didn't do its job in keeping me sated... You, Yuri, and the rest of the squad should know how I am when it comes to food." Your response is followed by bursts of laughter from the duo.

"I'm pretty sure the cafeteria is closed until lunchtime, but the cafe is still open. We can stop by there for a bit." Riri suggested with a cheery smile, the tremor in her hands seemed to be dissolving, though you spoke too soon on that...