8: Bonding

This chapter was really fun to write, so I hope you'll have fun reading it! And, without further ado, Happy New Years, everyone!☆

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You raced up the stairs, sprinting through the different divisions to get to your destination. 'Fuck the elevators! They were taking too long!' Running like the wind, the sound of your sneakers skidding against the marble floor had echoed in the air. You paid no mind to the curious eyes, and continued to race through time.

Finally, you were now in front of her personal laboratory. You snuck a peek from behind the windows, and luckily she was inside working on an arsenal of CHARMS and its spells. You set foot in the science room, and the [H/C]-haired Lily greeted you with a smile. "Oh, hey, [Y/N]! I'm glad you're awake! I actually wanted to-"

[F/N] began, but you couldn't wait any longer and interrupted her. "How long?" She was silenced by your grim expression. The flicker of a frown passed across her face. "What do you mean? [Y/N], what are you-" Again, you intervened and said brusquely, "Cut to the chase — how long have you been working for G.E.H.E.N.A? How long were you going to hide this from me, and then betray me to the likes of them? Huh!?"

"Wait what? No! You got it all wrong; I would never let them get to you! Just please listen to me!" She crossed the lab in a couple of strides, wending her way towards you. "I should've been honest with you, I know that. But, please let me explain."

You growled at her, "I trusted you! I loved you like family! And, you're fucking lucky that I still harbor those feelings or you would've been dead already!" You thrust a finger at her direction, snarling. "Our government is corrupted by G.E.H.E.N.A, confirming the part that we have traitors amongst us! This includes you, and who else!?"

A flicker of flames caught your eyes, and you let them drift towards the burners. [F/N] followed your line of sight, and ushered you inside. At first, you glared with defiance, but reluctantly agreed to come inside. You sat near the working burners, putting some distance between the two of you. She took note of the hint and remained standing in front of you, reclining herself against the regular, monotonous walls.

Not wasting any more time, [F/N] starts to tell, "I'm not sure how you found out, but it doesn't matter anymore... I should've told you everything from the very beginning. You deserved to know it all; everything revolving you, your parents, G.E.H.E.N.A, and corruption in our government... I'm really sorry," 

She let out a long sigh of disheartenment, hinting at her own deep despondency. "Yes, I did work for G.E.H.E.N.A, but not anymore. I completely shut them down once I transferred to Yurigaoka. No one, not even G.E.H.E.N.A, can target anyone here at Yurigaoka, but we still need to keep an eye out for them. They've done horrific things to every single Lily they could get their hands on..." [F/N] rolls up her sleeve, revealing an array of scars and burn marks that had been inflicted on her. "That girl and her goons did so many things to us that were beyond the pale..."

"They fucking killed my parents, and you're now recognizing it!? On top of that, you still worked with and for them?!" She didn't dare meet your eye, not wanting to add more fuel to the fire. "I'm truly sorry, but I didn't know what else to do... If I didn't obey their orders, then they would've killed my family at the time! Please understand that..!"