11: The Pursuit of a Sharp Flower

[NOTE: A lot of new characters will be introduced in this chapter. If you need visual images of them to get a better idea, then visit the last chapter and try to get yourselves acquainted with them! Also please note that I am purely going with my own feel and instinct when describing these new characters and making a new arc to include them! Thanks for reading!!]

The attack began to emit large quantities of smoke, in which the main foyer was engulfed in the visible suspension of art particles. Lilies gathered all around but didn't dare step foot into the smoldering area. [F/N] and the other girls stepped closer to the scene, making their way to the front and approaching near the foyer.

"Our apologies, [F/N]-san. I didn't think that maniac–I mean, Shiba-san would suddenly draw her CHARM against your friend."

Ui bows her head as a partial apology, but [F/N] quickly disregards her with a wave of her hands.

"N-No need to bow your head, Ui-senpai! Maybe it was just for f-funsies?"

"Yo, can I ask that you not launch a surprise attack on me when I'm drinking my coffee milk?"

[F/N] and the group of girls swerve their heads to see the collection of unburnt particles wither away and become one with the earth's atmosphere. Their eyes soon become wide with shock as they take in the scene before them. Even Shiba, the girl that had initiated the assault (or at least tried to) on you, was also bewildered on what occurred. She still found herself in the air, her grip on her CHARM still as strong as ever. However, you were still in your original position, only this time you were enclosed with a light blue barrier. If you hadn't summoned a barrier, then the sharp blade of her CHARM would surely and vertically slice your head in half.

"W-What is the meaning of this?"

Shiba mutters under her breath, retreating to Kiito's side and observing the strange phenomenon before her. Kiito and her twin sister shot Shiba a glare, and absolute stillness greeted her gaze. The first-year lets out an annoyed groan as a response and immediately puts away her CHARM to show that she was no longer a threat.

"How are you gonna act like you did nothing wrong when you're the one that attacked me?"