14: Flower War I

"To all Yurigaoka students, I hereby issue an evacuation order to all students. All personnel are to leave their posts and retreat to the evacuation zone."

The voice of the current chairman blared through the speakers, its harsh sound purposely waking you up from your tranquil nap. You awoke to find the worried expressions of Ichi and the rest of her legion as you were unable to catch the sudden announcement.

"What's...going on? What did I miss?"

You pulled yourself up into a sitting position, yawning and rubbing the drowsiness from your eyes. All members of Alfheim stood up in synchrony and began cleaning up their mess. Ichi lends you a hand, which you graciously take to tug yourself on both feet.

"The chairman has issued an evacuation for all Lilies. We're not sure why–"

Ichi doesn't finish her sentence as something bright starts to fall from the sky. In what appears to be falling stars, the small bodies of matter fortunately dove into the abandoned sector of Kamakura and further down the Bay of Sagami, a large body of water embraced by the coastal town of Kamakura. Although there were no consequential damages, the rumbling vibrations of the fall set the whole earth quaking.

"An earthquake?!"

"What is this light?!"

Everyone in Alfheim was shielding their eyes, while you were staring off into the white space with a blank face. The smell of trouble makes its way to your olfactory sense, bitter and acidic. Soraha had gathered her members to the direction of the evacuation zone, yet she noticed you weren't following them and went to grab your hand.

"[Y/N], we have to go–"

"It's fine."

You placed your free hand on top of hers and gave it a squeeze, one that was supposed to be comforting in these types of situations. Turning your head and staring intently into the sapphire blue of her eyes, you flashed her a small smile and whispered lowly.