10: The Beginning Temptation of Other Bouquets

A whole week has passed since you were placed in isolation as punishment. At Yurigaoka, Lilies are able to make decisions on the spot; however, other Gardens didn't think too highly of this and wanted Yurigaoka to punish you (or Riri) as a formality. The other Gardens wanted to make you an example of what happens when Lilies aren't following the instructed commands. Many Lilies thought it was unfair and unjust as following orders can sometimes put their comrades in danger, but once an order is passed then it is deemed effective until rescinded.

You were quietly let out of isolation at night, and [F/N] came to fetch you from the corridor. It was well past dinner and the majority of the student population had already left for their dorms, confirmed by the soundless halls.

"Freedom at last, huh? You want to grab something to eat before we head back?"

You shook your head, yet that stubborn friend of yours had begun to drag you to a nearby convenience store. [F/N] grabbed a shopping basket and began piling snacks, bentos, and drinks into the container. She knew your preferences and you didn't doubt her on that, but the mood for eating and drinking hasn't awakened. If anything, you were mentally drained and only wanted to sleep in until the day after tomorrow.

"Alright, [Y/N]! I grabbed some of your favorite things, and now we head on over to the Science Division!"

With the plastic bag in her left hand, [F/N] seized your wrist in her right hand and pulled you in the direction of her second home. You didn't have the strength to argue with her, but the need for sleep was still evident in your mind.

"Why...are you bringing me here? As you can tell, I am exhausted and want to be in bed right now."

The two of you stepped inside an open elevator. [F/N] presses a button for the upper floor and the machine starts its descent.

"I wanted to run another blood test and see if anything has changed. The last time I had you for a blood test was about a month ago."

The elevator stops and opens to a well-lit hallway. You and [F/N] step out of the elevator and begin walking. The workroom wasn't too far, but [F/N] was already impatient and popped a straw into a mini bottle of banana milk.