𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟏

Snowy Nights//Eddie Van Halen

Warnings: Language and mentions of alcohol

1984

"I'll be there soon

"I'll be there soon...," you said, hearing Noel, your best friend Eddie's manager thank you profusely. You chuckled to yourself before hanging up the phone and slipping on your shoes and jacket.

The ride over to the hotel was short and sweet. The city seemed calm and quiet, as the streets were freshly coated with the first winter's snow. 

These little visits had become sort of a routine for you; Noel would call, telling you that Eddie had too much to drink, and got a little carried away with the partying, and wouldn't leave him alone until he saw you.

It was comical really, usually arriving to see Eddie with his head laid in Noel's lap, carrying on about whatever was on his mind at that very moment. So when you knocked on the hotel door, and saw Noel looking stressed out as usual, you couldn't help but chuckle to yourself, hearing Eddie muttering to himself in the background.

Noel mouthed you a quick 'thank you' before slipping out of the door, most likely going to decompress from the hours he had spent with the inebriated guitarist.

"Edward Van Halen...," you started, making Eddie's head shoot up from where he laid on the bed.

"Am I in trouble?," he asked, knowing that whenever you called him by his full name, he had most likely done something to piss you off.

"Not yet...," you said, chuckling to yourself at the scared look on his face. You watched as he let out a breath, before going over to sit next to him on the bed. Immediately, he shifted so his head laid in your lap and made himself comfortable. You ran your hands over top of his hair, and to your surprise, he stayed silent. He was usually very talkative whenever he saw you, which made you wonder what was going on with him.

"What's on your mind?," you asked him, sensing some of the stress that seemed to be radiating off of him. He shifted his body so that he was lying on his back, and was staring straight up at you. His pupils were clearly dilated, but he seemed to be looking at you as if his mind was completely clear.

"Do you think I did the right thing?...," he let out, a little softer than he seemed to have wanted to. You tilted your head to the side and furrowed your eyebrows a bit, which signaled for him to keep going. "I mean...did I do the right thing, with this band? Am I doing the right thing?...fuck...I don't even know...," he let out, closing his eyes and swallowing hard. You let out a breath and ran a hand over his hair again, getting his attention.

"I think that's a question that you have to answer on your own Ed...but what I can say is that as long as I've known you, I've never met anyone who loves music as much as you do. You were born to make music. I've never been more sure of anything...but it's up to you to decide just how you get to do it." After you were finished, you realized that his eyes were on you the whole time. He seemed to absorb every single word that you said as if he needed them to survive. You looked down at him to see the corners of his mouth curl into a soft smile. Suddenly his arms wrapped around your midsection, and he snuggled up closer to you, if that was even possible.

"I love you y/n...," he said, making your insides go warm a little bit. You wrapped your arms around him in a hug, letting out a little chuckle.

"I love you too, Eddie...," you said, feeling the tiny ping in your chest at your own words. You always feared the feelings you had for him weren't mutual, but the way he hugged you back messed with your head and made you feel like they might be. Lost in your thoughts Eddie's voice brought you back to reality.

"Y/n?...," you heard him say. You looked down to see him staring up at you with a soft smile on his face. "What are you thinking about?" You stared back at him in silence trying to think of a way to lie about what was really on your mind. You broke your gaze glancing around the room before your eyes landed on a calendar tacked onto the wall.

'December 24...." It read. Damn...you hadn't even realized it was Christmas Eve...

"Just...realizing that tomorrow is Christmas...," you said looking out the window and seeing the snowflakes fall down one by one. You saw Eddie turn towards the calendar.

"Oh yeah...it is!...Merry Christmas y/n...," he said, smiling at you again. There was a look in his eye that once again, seemed to mess with your head. It was a look that gave you a warm fuzzy feeling inside, but you couldn't quite read it. You tried to fight the feeling, instead choosing to hold on to hope that one day, things would work out the way you'd always wanted them to. Pushing those thoughts aside, you quickly put a smile back on your face.

"Merry Christmas to you too Eddie...,"

A/n: This one is definitely bittersweet for the first day, haha. It just kinda developed naturally into bittersweet plot, but I hope you liked it anyway! Love you forever EVH <3

 It just kinda developed naturally into bittersweet plot, but I hope you liked it anyway! Love you forever EVH <3