𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟐𝟐

I'll Be Home For Christmas//John Bonham 

Warnings: None : )

1970

You sat on the couch, silence filling the rest of the house

You sat on the couch, silence filling the rest of the house. The only noise to be heard was the crackling of flames in the fireplace, that cast an orange glow around the room. The tree stood decorated and shiny in the corner, bringing the ever-present reminder of the holidays back into your mind.

It was Christmas Eve, and you were alone. John wouldn't make it home in time for the holiday, leaving you to spend all your time without the man you loved. He rang you this morning to let you know that the snow was too bad, and that it looked like he wouldn't be able to be home in time to be with you.

"I'm so, so sorry...," John expressed, guilt laced in his voice. You sat in silence for a few moments, trying to swallow the tears you felt coming on.

"It's okay...I understand...," you let out, hearing a faint breath on the other end. A stray tear fell down your face as he sighed.

"Well, I love you and I'll see you as soon as I can...I promise." You nodded your head, even though he couldn't see it. His words brought you some comfort, despite him not being able to be with you.

"I know...I love you too," you responded, before you said your goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Now, you looked out the window and saw soft, white snow flakes falling down. Normally it would be a peaceful sight to have a white Christmas, but all it did was remind you of why John wouldn't be home.

That was until the faint sight of lights came coursing through the curtains, getting brighter as they approached. You rose from your seat on the couch, following the lights as they came around, until finally they disappeared. The sound of a car door closing rang out as you caught a breath in your throat. You stood with a hand on the couch, anticipation coursing through you as a key turned in the lock, before it finally opened, revealing an irrefutably welcoming sight.

"John?...," you let out, almost as if he wasn't really there. He turned when he heard your voice, a grin forming on his face. He sat his bag down, before holding his arms out to you. A tear streamed down your face as you ran to him, throwing your arms around his neck. You let out a soft cry, as he held you tightly in his arms. Emotions washed over you from being back in his arms and having him here with you.

"You're home," you started, pulling back to look at him. "How?" He looked at you with a soft smile, running a hand down your cheek to wipe the tears away.

"I'll always find a way to make it back to you," he said softly. You smiled, as the two of you leaned forward and closed the gap between you. Passion and pure love radiated throughout the kiss. His lips were cold from the winter air, and the warmth of yours was a welcome sensation to him. As you pulled apart, you rested your head on his chest, comfort and warmth shared in the embrace.

"I love you so much," you let out, feeling him place a kiss on your forehead.

"And I love you more," he replied, making you smile with happiness, as your love was now home for Christmas.