𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟐𝟎

Together At Last//Keith Richards

Warnings: None ; )

1968

Hot tears welled up in your eyes, clouding your vision of the bright Christmas lights in front of you, before spilling over and falling down your cheeks

Hot tears welled up in your eyes, clouding your vision of the bright Christmas lights in front of you, before spilling over and falling down your cheeks. Seeing Keith at the holiday party was the last thing you had expected, especially because you hadn't seen each other since the breakup.

The holidays were supposed to be a time for creating joyful memories, so it pained you to sit outside in the cold, all alone, surrounded by every memory of happiness in years past. Suddenly, you heard his voice from behind you, giving you a start, as you had been so wrapped up in your thoughts.

"Can I sit?," Keith asked softly. You nodded, scooting over on the bench to make room for him to sit. He walked over, almost intentionally making sure not to sit too close or too far away. You stared across the street at the twinkling lights illuminating the buildings, but you could feel him gaze at you every so often as silence lingered between you.

"I'm sorry," he finally said, this time getting you to look at him. He wore a sad smile on his lips as he looked over your face, taking in those eyes that he loved so much, red and swollen from the tears.

"Me too," you let out, sniffling a bit. He smiled softly, hearing your voice again. It took everything in him not to reach out for you and hold you in his arms. In the end, he lost that battle, as he gave up and reached forward to wipe away your tears. You didn't push him away, instead somewhat welcoming his touch. There was silence again for a moment as the both of you looked into each other's eyes with a deep intensity.

"Please come back to me...it's Christmas, and I want to spend it with the woman that I love...," he said, taking you slightly by surprise.

"You love me?," you asked. He nodded his head, as he moved closer to you.

"I do, and I don't want to spend anymore time away from you. I want to be together for Christmas...just like we always have...," he expressed, as a small smile grew on your face. You leaned forward, placing a hand on his cheek and your lips on his. He wasted no time kissing you back, and warming your heart.

"I love you too. And I wouldn't want anything more than to spend Christmas with you," you said, seeing a grin form in his face.

He reached out his hand as you intertwined your fingers together, before the both of you got up to head home and spend Christmas together at last.