𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟏𝟖

The Perfect Tree//Mike McCready

Warnings: None : )

A/n: One of my favorite gifs

1991

Snow was falling softly from the night sky, just enough to decorate your jacket in white snowflakes

Snow was falling softly from the night sky, just enough to decorate your jacket in white snowflakes. The smell of pine had a strong presence in the air, carried along by the cold, winter air. You were surrounded by plenty of trees, each awaiting their turn to be taken home and decorated by a lucky family.

"There you are," you heard Mike call from behind you. You turned around, an instant smile appearing on your face. There he was, holding two cups of steaming hot chocolate in his hands. You reached out, thanking Mike as he handed you your cup. You smiled as you took a sip, thankful for the warmth that it brought you.

"Find anything yet?," Mike asked, as he wrapped his arms around you. You welcomed the extra warmth as the two of you began walking.

"Nothing yet. How about you?," you asked, as Mike shook his head.

"Nope. I mean, I found one back there, but it looked more like something out of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas,'" he said, jokingly as he pointed behind him. The two of you laughed, looking over all of the trees, lined neatly in rows.

Snow was still falling, perfectly illuminated by the twinkling lights decorating the tree farm. It seemed like an endless amount of trees to pick from, making you wonder how you could possibly find the right one.

"Hey, what about this one?," Mike asked, as you both stopped in place. You followed his finger, to see the tree that he pointed at. Happiness filled you as you were met with a full, and perfectly shaped tree. You smiled, looking at Mike who wore the same expression.

"It's perfect," you complimented, wrapping your arms tighter around him. He smiled widely, leaning down to place his lips on yours. You smiled into the kiss, joy radiating through you.

Soon enough, the tree was wrapped, and placed securely on top of the car. Excitement filled the air, as the two of you got into the car, before heading home to decorate your perfect Christmas tree, together.