𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟏𝟔

Baby It's Cold Outside //Paul McCartney

Warnings: None : ) 

1969

Fire crackled in the fireplace as you laid on the soft couch, a cup of tea in one hand, and a magazine rested on your lap

Fire crackled in the fireplace as you laid on the soft couch, a cup of tea in one hand, and a magazine rested on your lap. The lights from the Christmas tree twinkled like stars in the night sky, seemingly illuminating the red and silver ornaments hanging from the green branches. A Christmas record played softly in the background, as you hummed along to the tune.

Suddenly, a draft of cold air wafted into the house, as the front door swung open, revealing a bundled up and shivering Paul. A smile lit up his face as soon as he saw you.

"Hello, my love," he let out, as he slipped off his coat and shoes. You smiled, placing your tea and magazine aside. Paul walked over and greeted you with a kiss, before collapsing into your lap.

"Paul! You're freezing!," you let out, making a chuckle escape his lips. His hands felt ice cold, and his cheeks were rosy from the bitter, winter air.

"I need you to warm me up," he said, as he snuggled in closer to you. "I'm practically a popsicle at the moment." 

You let out a laugh, as you wrapped your arms around him, watching as he got comfortable in your embrace.

"How was your day?," you asked.

"Ohh, what a day, what a day," he joked, letting out a dramatic breath. You laughed, as he continued on telling you about his day at the studio with the rest of the band. You felt as the stress of his day seemed to melt away with each word, as your fingers ran absentmindedly across his skin.

"Enough about my day. How was yours?," he asked you.

"It was fine. I just spent the day decorating," you said, as Paul's attention turned toward the tree.

"It looks lovely," he complimented, making you smile. You thanked him, as the both of you sat, admiring the lights and ornaments.

"I've been working so much lately. I feel like I've barely got any time with you this season," he said, taking your hands in his. You smiled softly, at his words.

"It's okay Paul...I know how hard you work. I'm just glad I get to spend moments like these with you," you answered. You could only see part of his face because of the way you were positioned, but you could see his cheek rise in a smile, as you felt him squeeze your hands a little tighter.

"I love you," he said softly, moving your hands towards his lips, as he placed a soft kiss on the skin.

"I love you more," you replied, before the two of you spent the rest of the cold, winter night, warm and comfortable in each other's embrace.