𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟐𝟑

Lifesaver//Eddie Vedder

Warnings: None : )

A/n: Happy Birthday Eddie!

1991

Pushing through the crowd of people and plopping down on the couch, you let out an exhausted breath

Pushing through the crowd of people and plopping down on the couch, you let out an exhausted breath. Christmas parties were usually a time for you to let go, and enjoy the holidays, but not this time around. You'd spent all day, running around town trying to find a particular book for your parents, but you couldn't find it anywhere. You were in such a defeated state, you barely even noticed Mike calling your name.

"Are you okay?," he asked, snapping you out of your trance. Only then did you notice all of the guys staring at you.

"Oh, yeah. It's nothing," you said, giving them a reassuring smile. They all looked at each other for a moment before eventually going back to their conversation.

"Still didn't find it?," you heard Eddie ask from next to you. You turned to see him with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Unfortunately, no," you let out, shaking your head and taking a sip of the drink in your hand. Eddie stared off into the distance, as if he were deep in thought.

"Don't worry about me Ed. I'm sure I'll find it," you said. You gave him a soft smile as he did the same, before both of you joined in on the rest of the conversation.

A few nights later, as you were sitting in your apartment, wrapping the pile of gifts in front of you, you heard a knock on the door. You furrowed your eyebrows together, glancing at the clock, knowing you hadn't been expecting anyone. You walked over to the door, opening it to a surprise.

"Eddie?," you let out, as he stood with a small smile on his face. You moved to the side to let him into your apartment. 

"Sorry it's so late. I just wanted to stop by and give you this," he said, handing you a bag.

You looked at him with a curious expression, before taking it and looking inside. When you did, an overwhelming feeling of gratitude washed over you. Inside was the book that you had been searching so hard for. You looked up at Eddie, immediately rushing forward and enveloping him in a hug.

"Eddie, I'll never be able to thank you enough. You're a lifesaver," you expressed, as he wrapped his arms around you to hug you back.

"It's no worry. I know how much it meant to you, so I wanted to help if I could," he said, as you both pulled away. You smiled as you leaned forward to place a kiss on his cheek, causing him to blush. 

"Merry Christmas y/n," he said as he walked towards the door. You felt butterflies in your stomach at the interaction, turning to walk towards him.

"Merry Christmas Ed," you replied, happily. He smiled at you, before walking out the door.

You stared down at the book in your hands, a grin forming on your face at the thoughtfulness of Eddie. You let out a sigh of relief before you finally went to finish wrapping the rest of your Christmas gifts, along with the one Eddie had so graciously found for you.