Seven

Lana pov

It was Halloween, the whole school was covered in halloween decorations, and most everyone was in a costume.

Jamal was a patient at the hospital with a broken arm, Ruby was a vampire, Monse was a lifeguard?, Olivia was a cowgirl, Cesar was a greek god. and i was a dead daphne.

I was dressed in light purple thigh high boots, with a darker purple v neck dress, and a purple headband with my hair straightened.

"This is gonna be our best shut-in ever. But we have to follow protocol" I heard Ruby say walking into Living Room.

"what are you guys doing" I asked sitting at the kitchen table.

"Preparing for our yearly Halloween shut-in" Jamal said making me nod.

"so you guys don't go trick-or-treating, or go to party" I asked resting my chin on my hand.

They all shook their heads making me nod "continue".

"we know the drill"

"this years different, it's not about our survival. Its about Olivia. There was magic in our first dance"

"have you guys ever been to brentwood" Jamal asked after looking at his phone.

"My parents are out so i set up touch control LED lighting, Bordello Red. And nightmare on elm street is gonna get Olivia a little scared and a little lappy"

"that's way beyond creepy" I said shivering.

"one step ahead of you, little cover in case of wood"

"you're actually disgusting" I said throwing a banana at him.

"speaking of wood, Brentwood sounds kind of fun"

"I bet they have parties"

"where's Cesar sitting"

"In Oscars Impala" me and ruby said at the same time.

"Hes not coming? why? its tradition."

"Actually he is, I asked him to come i didnt wanna 5th wheel" I said shrugging going over and sitting on the couch.

"who cares, i have the perfect one to on P/V ratio"

"P/V ratio?" I asked confused looking at him.

"Olivia and me, Jamla and Monse, you and Cesar"

"Never ever put my V with Jamal's P"

"duly noted"

"shut-in" Cesar said walking into the house.

"But I thought you were with Oscar"

"good to see you too, and i came because its tradition, and Lana asked" he said coming over and giving me a kiss before sitting on the edge of the couch next to me.

"what do you think" Olivia asked coming out of our room.

"oh that looks nice" Ruby said putting a pillow over his lap making me chuckle.

"So, when are we going out" she asked coming closer to the couches.

"Never, Trick-or-treating in Freeridge is a no-go"

"why" we asked at the same time.

"you might wanna sit down" Ruby said patting the seat next to him.

"I'll be brief" he said as she sighed sitting down.

"In 2012, Prophets rolled up on us, glocks to our head and snatched our bags.
2013 we were kissing pavement all night, caught in a drive by, that night, we lost our candy and perhaps our innocence" he said making me tilt my head in confusion at the last part.

"Can we talk" Monse asked Cesar.

"Im good" he said smiling.

Monse got up grabbing Cesars arm and dragging him away.

"Brentwood" Jamal said looking at his phone and watch.

"Is this about the other day with Abuelita, and the rollerworld thing" I whispered to Jamal, as he nodded.

Cesar and Monse came back "you're right, we should go out. Im feeling like this could be our last halloween, and frankly it's feeling a little cramped in here, you feel me"

"I vote for Brentwood, its safe, and rich" Jamal said making me agree, I walked over going over to sit on the couch as Cesar pulled me onto his lap.

"Okay" I said shrugging.

"And I bet they have full sized candy bars"

"Shut-ins are tradition, and i ordered pizza"

"Abuelita loves pizza, she can eat it" I said smiling when Ruby glared at me.

"why can't we go somewhere else" Olivia asked making me nod.

"Brentwood" Jamal whispered making me smile.

"there has gotta be other places"

"brentwood"

"how about Brentwood"

"Im down" me and Jamal said at the same time.

"Good call, Olivia"

"Its a bad call, It's a great idea, it's just Brentwood's super far, and we would have to take public transportation, which sucks"

"you've never been on the train" Cesar said looking at him.

"sorry, guys, but i don't even know how we'd even get there"

"All good" Jamal said sitting in-between Cesar and Monse, as i was still on his lap.

"I got us a hookup" jamal said.... and that's how we were in Abuelitas car.

"buena suerte" She said as we all got out of the car.

"we don't need luck, Its Brentwood, nothing bad happens here" I said looking into the car window at her.

"what about OJ, no offense Jamal"

"Oh, Im good. We don't claim him"

"so we should be ready around 10" Ruby said into the car window.

"Good for you, but i have plans" she said driving off.

"we are not in freeridge anymore" Monse said as Cesar grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers.

"in 800 feet you have arrived" Jamals watch said.

"we've got lots of ground to cover so to maximize candy efficiency, let's divide and conquer then split our booty" he said making me snort shaking my head.

"Great idea, Olivia and I will go this way. Meet back here around 10?" Ruby said excitedly.