Fifteen

Lana pov

"Im back, sorry. Apparently ordering a goat drawn carriage is more complicated than i thought. Who knw there was a goat wranglers union? I kid you not. Pun intended." he said.

"Whatever, man" Jamal said rolling his eyes.

"So, we're going to need to rethink the carriage, which ill get to in a moment, unless...you all think the twins can pull it"

"No" Cesar and i said at the same time.

"Fine, moving on. The following are individual responsibilities-"

"Ill handle music" Cesar said.

"Great minds think alike, compa" Ruby said looking at him.

"Monse, given your expert penmanship, you're gonna do invitations" Ruby said looking at her.

"No" she said.

"use cardstock" he said.

"Jamal, you can cater. And by you, i mean your dad" he said before looking at me.

"how many people" Jamal asked.

"There's us, and then the block, and uh three hundred" he guessed.

"Three hundred people" he asked in disbelief.

"you're right, better make it 350" he said before looking at me once again.

"Whatever you're gonna say its a no." I said before he could even talk.

"But-" he began but i cut him off.

"No, you need to be ready. I told her the three of us were doing a dance and thats also what you need to focus on" I said shrugging.

"Jamal will do the flowers. and i will do the food" Abuela said coming out of no where.

"What do i know about flowers" he asked her confused.

"Nothing, which is why you need to go to Mr. Green thumb. Mr. Green tumb... he will help you" she said.

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Mr. Green thumb" he said as i looked between them confused before shrugging and turning to talk to Cesar.

"Monse, you're consistently failing with your face" Ruby said stopping the music.

"See what I'm doing? Its body. uh-huh. uh-huh. Then face. If people are looking at your face, they cant tell how much you suck" he said doing some weird dance move

"And you must know a lot about sucking" I said smiling at Ruby as he rolled his eyes ignoring me.

"Sorry im late" Jamal said coming into the house.

"Silencio!" Ruby yelled at him, as i threw a pillow at him.

"Dont yell at him" I yelled at Ruby.

"No one want's to hear your excuses. Look at Cesar. or dont. The point is he takes time in like and death situations to be prompt and you dont. Everybody, again, from the top" Ruby said looking at us.

Ruby started the music as we all one started dancing again, me being the only one knowing how besides Ruben.

"Its a square people, its a square" he said shaking his head.

The music stopped going from slow to fast.

"Turn. and down. and one, and two, and three, and uh. Guys!" he yelled seeing Olivia not doing it, Cesar on his phone, Monse standing there doing some weird dance, as me and Jamal were dancing together.

"No, no" he said turning the music off.

"you're not even trying!"

"Ruby, you and Lana are naturals'. were not. We need an easier routine" Olivia sighed.

"Or no routine" Monse suggested.

"Nonsense! you just need practice, and i have some backup. she should be here any minute" he said as i looked at him.

"Who" i asked.

The door opened to reveal Jasmine "The talent, bitches. Hey!" she was still wearing my dress.

The music started as they did the dance perfectly.

"ow" Ruby said when Jasmine hit him.

"And that's just a taste. Yeah i got you shook. You see, I'm like a tootsie pop. you got to keep licking to get to the surprise" she said inhaling her inhaler.

"Is that my dress" I asked pointing at it as she shook her head.

"NO" she said a little to quickly.

"Maybe. yeah. Dont get all worked up. its just a loan" she said rolling her eyes.

"yeah, well now there's a big hole in the back" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, where the rest of yall stabbed me in that "everybody kill Jasmine' game" she said as i rolled my eyes.

"I shouldn't even be here right now, but i have a heart" she said pointing at her boob.

"That's your boob, babe" i said as she moved it to her heart.

"Heart" she said.

"heart" Ruby whispered.

"Plus, Olivia, its your quince and i dont wanna regret not being one of your damas when we live together in our twenties" She smiled clapping "Now lets get to work!" she yelled.

"Music to my ears" Ruby smiled.

"Everybody grab your partners"

"We're un even, dumb ass" i said looking at him.

"True. Monse and Cesar. Olivia and Jamal. Me and Jasmine. Lana you can go" he said waving me off as I scoffed.

"That's music to my ears" she said rubbing his face.

"On second thought better pair the good with the bad" he said pushing her away.

"Jasmine and Jamal. Me and Monse. Cesar and Olivia" he said clapping.

"Oh, yes. Please put my boyfriend and the girl who kissed him together" I smiled clapping my hands together, before rolling my eyes and going to my room.

Cesar smiled when he heard her call him her boyfriend.

I was laying on the couch bored, when Olivia came over laying on me.

"No ones into this quince, including me" she said sighing.

"I need you or Monse to talk to Ruby" she said as i sat up pushing her off me and onto the floor.

"Girl what" I said as she groaned siting back on the couch.

"And say what" I asked.

"that i wanna call it off" she said as i shook my head.

"No fucking way. You do it" I said looking at her.

"I cant. I've already broken his heart once. i cant do it again" she said as i rolled my eyes.

"You broke mine to, when you kissed my boyfriend" i smiled getting up and leaving.

"Lana-" she said but ignored her walking away.

"Cant hear youuu" I sing sang.