Up Again ☁ Simeon

*this fan fiction is specifically meant for my best friend. Of course you may read it, but the specifics will be targeted towards them. Thank you!

Rubbing your eyes, you crack them open to the familiar dark room. Again. This was the second time this night. Hesitantly rolling over because of the heavy feeling in your body, you grab your DDD and click the power button. You squint at the flashbang, taking a few seconds to adjust to the screen. Your brightness was at its lowest setting and still momentarily blinded you.

You let out a tired sigh, making sure to keep it quiet. You had decided to sleepover at your best friend's house when she asked you to. Unfortunately, she decided to also invite her annoying boyfriend. Well, he wasn't that annoying, but you couldn't exactly talk to her when you woke up like this with his over attached koala hug on her.

You look around, spotting her cat. The little demon himself. Even he was sleeping. How come the menace could get a good rest but you couldn't?

You turn back to your phone only to see a notification appear at the top of your screen.

Read Your Bible🌸

"It's really late. I'm guessing you weren't trying to be awake?"

You look in surprise. It was two in the morning, why on earth was simeon awake?

"Yeah, the usual. Waking up in the asscrack of night and struggling to fall back asleep. My psycho best friend sleeps without a fan or any white noise."

"Haha, be nice! I'm sorry you keep waking up like this!"

"Yeah, I'm sorry too. I just wanna sleep, ya know?"

"Of course."

You jump a little as you hear a voice, only to realize it was Levi mumbling in his sleep. Something about Lucifer cosplaying rurichan. Poor boy was having a nightmare. You watched your best friend elbow him which made him stop.

You turn back to your phone.

Read Your Bible🌸

"Do you want to call?"

"No, thanks though. If we do I'm sure we'll wake them up."

"Them? Levi is over again?"

"Yep."

"It sure beats me how on earth they can fit in such a small bed!"

"The only thing that beats me is my dad."

You laugh at your own message, covering your mouth as you hear your best friend mumble to Levi to shut up. You'd feel bad at him getting blamed, but he was asleep anyways.

Read Your Bible 🌸

"Goodness, your trauma isn't a joke!"

"Lmfao my life is a joke"

"It absolutely is NOT!"

"LOL ok but name one person who cares abt me💀"

You yawn, clicking into Disney Plus. Simeon seemed to stop answering, so you went to watch Frozen, only for a message to pop up as it began playing.

Read Your Bible🌸

"Do you know why Im awake? Because you are. I stay up late in case I can be there for you, you know. I care about you a lot. In fact, you know how much I love you. I love you so much, and I want you to know that. Never forget it."

Your cheeks heated up at the message. You two had an unestablished relationship for a long time, but hearing that just sparked red in your cheeks.

"Ok. Sorry. Thank you.."

You texted him a little longer before he urged you to sleep once again. You agreed to do so, bidding him a goodnight before you turned your phone off. You shut your eyes, laying in the silence for a while. Normally it felt so empty, but something about his words made you drift off to sleep. You felt content.

Bonus!

You woke up, eyes moving to the bed above you. The two of your friends weren't gone, leaving an empty bed. Standing up, you headed over to the door, making your way into the kitchen.

"Leviathan I swear to you, you were talking about Lucifer cosplaying turichan in your sleep."

"No I was not!!"

"You absolutely were!"

"Are you telling me what you think I said? Yeah, thats what I thought! Normie!"

She whipped around, hitting him with the spatula, before noticing you.

"Oh! Morning bestie. Sleep well?"

".. Sorta. Can I get on the Levi beat down?"

"WHAT?! NO!! BACK OFF!!"
Levi flailed his arms around, jumping behind your best friend to hide.

"I talked to Simeon. He helped me fall asleep."

"Oh? Well, speak of the devil then. Or.. Angel."

"Hm?"
You tilt your head as a familiar face stepped into the kitchen, what looked to be Mac and cheese in hand.
"Oh, hello! Glad you're awake. E said I could spend the night with you to help you rest."
He smiles, walking over.

Lifting your face with his gloved hand, he smiles.
"Oh, and now that you can hear it in my voice.. I love you."

You blush, embarrassed. The moment would've stayed embarrassing if your best friend didn't break the silence.

"YOU RELEASED THE CAT!! CAPTURE HIM!!"

You watched the black cat run off into the living room and laugh. You dart after it, Simeon laughing and following behind.

Meanwhile, your best friend nudges Levi.
"Hey, why can't you be romantic like Simeon?"

"Because I'm a fucking otaku. I can yell 'sasuke' when you yell 'naruto'! LOLOL!!"

"You annoy me, but I love you so much."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Sasukeee-?!"

"Good enough."