☁Lucifer x Reader

You were curled up in your bed, vision blurred from the tears that clouded your eyes. Your breathing was shaky, and every time your breath struggled, it felt embarrassing. You felt worthless, really.

You pause, sniffling

You pause, sniffling. Did you tell him? Should you? It's not his business, but.. He was always.. Supportive. Sort of. He was nice to you for the most part, but a very stressed out man. After all, wouldn't you be with six siblings?

Your fingers hovered the keyboard, blinking out the tears so you could make out what you were typing.

You stare at his message

You stare at his message. You appreciated the kindness, but the way you were feeling, you couldn't bring yourself to answer. However, after multiple pings, you finally looked down at your phone, wiping your eyes again.

 However, after multiple pings, you finally looked down at your phone, wiping your eyes again

You had just replied when there was a knock on your door. You couldn't even reply before he entered. Normally he was respectful enough to knock and wait for an answer, but I guess his worry took over.

Approaching your bed, he immediately grabbed your chin, wiping your tears.

"Lucifer-"

"I do apologize for coming in anyways, but you worried me."

"I-im sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you."

You stared at him, heart pounding as he brushed your hair behind your ear, whether long enough to even stay there or not.

"I'm not upset, I just needed to make sure you're safe."

You nod, embarrassed as he stared at you with concern, tilting his head. Neither of you spoke for the longest time.
"I can assure you, he's an idiot."

"What..?"

"For letting you go."

".. Oh.. Thank you."

"I truly mean it."
He sighs softly, his hair a mess. He was probably working late like usual. Did he really stop it just to come check on you?

"Thank you, Lucifer."
You stared at him quietly, biting your lip as to stifle any sobs that still wanted to come out.

"Spend the night with me. In my room. Just lay with me, alright?"

".. What?"
The offer shocked you. From the eldest, of all the brothers, he had asked you to sleep with him?

"Nothing more than a night's rest. As long as I can comfort you, that would make me happy."
He spoke, his red eyes holding a sort of affection that you'd never seen from another human, let alone a demon.

"Alright, I can do that.."
She agree, even if only because of how confused you were by the situation. He took your hand in his, leading you to his room with confidence. You'd never seen Lucifer so attentive, or eager to be alone with you.

You stared at him quietly as he sat at the edge of his bed.
"Did you want to eat something?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Alright.. Perhaps, I can-"

"You don't have to do stuff for me to feel better, promise."
You smile, though barely. His insisting was actually cheering you up, admittedly.
"Let's sleep, like you said. I'm tired."

He paused before nodding.
"Of course. Let us do that, then."
He offered you to lay down first, probably for you to find a spot in his bed. His bed was large, and the room was cozy, apart from the skeleton on the wall. Why was that there anyways?

You lay down, and he moves closer, but didn't touch you. He didn't want to cross boundaries.
"If you're upset, I'm here."

"Lucifer, I appreciate it, but why are you so..?"

"I'm sorry, am I being too much?"

"You're just being so nice, and.."

He was quiet after you trailed off, before taking a breath.
"I'd hate to see you upset, and I want you to feel loved."
He replied, and you turned to look at him. He was lying on his side, messy hair and wrinkled shirt, his tie half falling off.

"Thank you.. I appreciate it. You are helping me feel a lot better, actually.."

"He really doesn't know what he lost."
He spoke, and you smile. A wife smile. This man was.. Lucifer, he was, but he jumped to be there for you.

You hugged him, though awkwardly due to laying down. He chuckles at your attempt, rolling over with you on top of him and brushing his red nails through your hair.
"Perhaps a hug is a little difficult in bed, no?"

"No, I like this."

"Alright. You wish to sleep like this?"

"Uh-huh."

You smile. God, you're so glad he broke up with you.